Championship promotion hopefuls Huddersfield continued their fine form by holding Man City to a goalless drawRead the full story ›
Mr Yaqub was killed beside the M62 at Ainley Top near Huddersfield during a pre-planned operation by officers from West Yorkshire police.Read the full story ›
A man has died after being shot by police during a "pre-planned operation" on a motorway in Huddersfield, the police watchdog has said.Read the full story ›
Huddersfield boss David Wagner feels his Sky Bet Championship leaders have achieved "something really special" with their start to the season - and has stressed they are heading to Brighton on Tuesday "hungry" to keep their form going.
Six games into their 2016-17 league campaign, the Terriers are the only side in the second tier still yet to suffer a loss.
And by beating their struggling Yorkshire rivals Leeds at Elland Road on Saturday for a fifth win, they sealed the club's best-ever start in the modern era.
Regarding that and his team's four-point lead at the top of the table, Wagner, quoted by the Huddersfield Examiner, said:
If you know how old this club is and how successful this club was, then this is certainly something special. This will always be mentioned in the club history but, and this is important, we have to look forward.
So even more points is now our target and we would like to have more. I know from the dressing room that the lads are hungry and greedy, and they would like to keep this run going.
The fire service said it found no working smoke alarms in a house where a fire killed two young boys.
Three-year-old Logan Taylor and two-year-old Jake Casey could not be saved after being rushed to hospital from the blaze at a property in Huddersfield.
Their mother and an older brother escaped.
We can confirm that at the time of the fire, there were no working smoke alarms in the property.
Further investigations are ongoing to determine the exact circumstances but we urge people to always have a working smoke alarm and to test it regularly.
Tributes have been left for the two young boys who died in a house fire in Yorkshire.
They've been named as Jake and Logan on some of the floral tributes.
The brothers aged two and three were rushed to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary but could not be saved.
Their mother and another brother were able to escape the semi-detached home in Alder Street, Huddersfield, before the crews arrived.
The death of two young boys in a Huddersfield house fire has left the community in shock.
Local Labour councillor Amanda Pinnock described the incident as a "tragedy".
"Because of the area, everybody knows everybody," she said. "They will be shocked by what has happened."
It is believed the house did not have a working smoke alarm.
Chris Kirby, group manager at West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service, said the two boys have suffered "significant smoke inhalation".
He added that many of the fire crews had "tears in their eyes" after the children were pulled from the building.
A house fire which killed two young boys in Huddersfield is not believed to be suspicious, police have said.
Emergency services were called to the property in Alder Street shortly after 2pm on Saturday.
A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "A woman and a child, who had been in the property, had made their own way out prior to the arrival of the emergency services with fire crews removing two other children from the address. Both of these children were pronounced deceased a short time later.
"The children have yet to be formally identified but are believed to be two boys. Their next of kin have been made aware."
"Enquiries continue in to the cause of the fire, but at this time it is not believed to be of suspicious origin."
Two young boys have died following a house fire in Yorkshire.
Fire crews were called to the property in the Fartown area of Huddersfield shortly after 2pm on Saturday.
A woman and a six-year-old child had managed to get out of the house but told emergency services that two young children were still inside in an upstairs bedroom.
Firefighters found the two boys inside the house, believed to be aged two and three, and they were taken to hospital, but died a short time later.
"This is a tragic incident where two young lives have been lost," a West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman.
The fire service is still investigating the cause of the blaze.