Inter Milan boss Luciano Spalletti insists the "conversation is over" when it comes to a potential move away for winger Ivan Perisic.Read the full story ›
Manchester United target Ivan Perisic will hold talks with new Inter Milan boss Luciano Spalletti when he returns for pre-season training.Read the full story ›
Inter Milan have confirmed the sacking of manager Frank de Boer after just three months in charge.
De Boer replaced Roberto Mancini in August but the Dutchman has paid the price for Inter's disappointing start to the season.
Sunday's 1-0 loss to Sampdoria was the Nerazzurri's fourth defeat in their last five Serie A matches and left them 12th in the standings, 13 points adrift of leaders Juventus.
Stefano Vecchi will be in the dugout when Inter face Southampton this week in the Europa League.
Frank de Boer has been officially confirmed as Inter Milan's new head coach following Roberto Mancini's departure on Monday.
The 46-year-old Dutchman, who will be unveiled by the Serie A club at a press conference on Tuesday afternoon, was approached to become the next Inter boss after Mancini left by mutual consent due to a breakdown in his relationship with the board.
De Boer's appointment as his successor has now been rubber-stamped, with a statement on Inter's official website revealing he has signed a three-year contract to guide the Nerazzurri under ambitious new owners Suning Holdings.
In a brief video posted on the club's Twitter feed on Monday evening the former Holland defender, who left his role as Ajax manager in May, said: "Hello Inter fans, I'm very happy to be here and I hope to see you soon."
He earlier told reporters waiting for him in the airport: "I hope I can achieve a lot of success here. I'll see you tomorrow at the press conference!"
Roberto Mancini has left Inter Milan, paving the way for Frank de Boer to take over as manager.
Mancini's relationship with new Inter owners Suning Holdings broke down over the summer and a statement released on Monday morning announced he had left San Siro "by mutual agreement".
His successor is expected to be former Holland defender De Boer, who left his role as Ajax head coach in May. The 46-year-old was linked with Premier League clubs Everton and Southampton before those vacancies were filled by Ronald Koeman and Claude Puel respectively.
Inter Milan manager Roberto Mancini has labelled Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri a "racist".Read the full story ›
Real Madrid have agreed a deal to sign midfielder Mateo Kovacic from Inter Milan, the Spanish club have confirmed.
The Croatian had been a target for Liverpool, but has now agreed a six-year deal with the Spanish giants.
Stevan Jovetic has left Manchester City to join Inter Milan on an 18-month loan deal, with a view to a permanent move.
The Montenegrin forward struggle to become a first-team regular at City, playing in a variety of positions.
He has previously experience in Italy, having represent Fiorentina in Serie A.
Croatia playmaker Mateo Kovacic has ruled out a move to the Barclays Premier League this summer, instead expressing a wish to remain at Inter Milan.
The 21-year-old has been strongly linked with Liverpool, with reports in Italy claiming the Reds are willing to spend 30 million euros (#21m) on the player.
However, Kovacic, who signed a contract extension with Inter for another four seasons back in January, has no intention of leaving the San Siro any time soon.
"Inter have never said they want to sell me, never," Kovacic said to Italian sports newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport. "I want to stay here. I will not leave.
"That's what I wanted, that's what my renewal until 2019 shows, there will be a long relationship between myself and Inter."
Liverpool on Tuesday sold winger Raheem Sterling to Manchester City for £49m and have money to spend in the transfer market.
"Could I replace Sterling? We have two different roles," Kovacic said. "It's not for me to say whether there have been any offers from the Reds or not, hopefully that's down to my agent.
"That said, I reiterate that I want to stay here."
Inter Milan have won the race to sign France midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia from Monaco.
The 22-year-old will undergo a medical in Milan on Monday after the Nerazzurri announced they had reached an agreement with the Ligue 1 side for Kondogbia's permanent transfer, with the fee reported to be 40million euros.
A statement from Inter read: "Contracts signed with Monaco for Geo Kondogbia.
"The Frenchman will undergo a medical in Italy on Monday."