Sienna Miller has told the phone-hacking trial she has had some "negative experiences" while communicating with the media, and regretted that her private life has been analysed in public during the trial.
When asked if she had ever courted publicity by Timothy Langdale QC, defending former News of the World editor Andy Coulson in the trial, Ms Miller said: "Absolutely never, not once. Never ever. Hand on my heart, I've taken an oath."
The Layer Cake star said she once pleaded with a News of the World journalist to ease off her then-boyfriend Jude Law when they met at a pre-Baftas party, asking him to "give Jude a break". She added: "I appealed to his better nature and this was then abused."
Thanking her for giving evidence, judge Mr Justice Saunders told her: "I am very sorry what has gone on in this court and reported in the press has caused you distress. We have tried to limit what has been said in court."
Coulson is among seven defendants who deny conspiring to hack phones and conspiring to commit misconduct in a public office.
Actress Sienna Miller has confirmed at the phone-hacking trial that she left a voicemail message for James Bond star Daniel Craig ending "I love you," but said it has been misinterpreted.
The message was allegedly intercepted by the News of the World to source a story run by the Sunday tabloid that the two stars were having an affair at a time when she was with Jude Law.
The message said: "Hi. It's me. Can't speak. I'm at the Groucho with Jude. I love you."
But speaking via videolink from New Orleans in the US, Miller told the Old Bailey that her voicemail to Craig was not an "important declaration of love" and denied it meant she was in a relationship with the actor.
"The thing that's been slightly misconstrued about this voicemail message is the fact that I said I love you and that this was some incredibly important declaration of love," she told Court 12. "I've always ended my phone calls to Daniel saying 'I love you'."
Ms Miller, though, confirmed to the court that she and Craig had had a "brief encounter" and the story emerged "at a time when we had been briefly involved".
Jude Law has told the phone-hacking trial he was unaware until today that a family member had allegedly been paid to leak stories about his private life to the press.
The actor, 41, said during cross examination at the Old Bailey that he knew of a possible link between the News of the World and a member of his "immediate family" in the past but was never aware the member was "getting paid for it".
Jude Law has this morning arrived at London's Old Bailey to give evidence for the prosecution at the phone-hacking trial of former News of the World and Sun editor Rebekah Brooks.
The actor, wearing a white shirt and dark tie, arrived in a silver Mercedes before walking quickly into the building.
Brooks, 45, is accused of conspiring with others to hack phones, misconduct in a public office and pervert the course of justice. She denies all charges against her, along with six other defendants in the case.