Live updates

Starting line-ups: Man City v Juventus



Arsenal miss out Vidal as Bayern agree deal for Juventus star

Vidal is set to join Bayern. Credit: PA

Bayern Munich have reached an agreement with Italy's Juventus to sign Chile international midfielder Arturo Vidal, the German club's CEO Karl Heinz Rummenigge confirmed on Thursday.

"I can confirm that we have with both parties, Juventus and the player, reached an agreement. What is missing is the medical and the signature of the contract," Rummenigge told reporters during the team's trip to China.

Vidal, no stranger to the Bundesliga having played for Bayer Leverkusen for four seasons until 2011, has won four straight Italian league titles and helped Juventus reach the Champions League final last season, where they lost to Barcelona.

The 28-year-old could join up with his Bayern team mates as early as next week, Rummenigge said.

"If everything goes according to plan, he can start training next week," he added, without giving details of a fee or length of contract for the versatile Chilean.

Vidal is set to become Bayern's second major signing of the transfer window after Brazilian attacking midfielder Douglas Costa joined the club at the start of July.

Bayern confident of signing midfielder Vidal

Bayern Munich are close to signing Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal but chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says a deal is not yet done.

After around 24 hours of negotiations, Vidal is close to making his move to a club he was on the verge of joining four years ago but Rummenigge has called for patience before the deal can be finalised.

Arturo Vidal is on his way. Credit: PA

"I've read about it and I'm not going to hide the fact that we are interested in him, but I read that it was all wrapped up and I cannot confirm that," Rummenigge told reporters at Munich airport as Bayern flew out for a pre-season tour of China.

"As I've said, we're interested, but we're not yet so far that we've discussed details and signed contracts, so we need a bit of patience. I hope at the end of the day he will come."

Juventus chief offers Man City hope in Pogba pursuit

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli has provided a glimmer of hope for Manchester City and other clubs interested that Paul Pogba is not a certainty to remain with the Italian champions next season.

Where will Pogba be playing next season? Credit: PA

The Turin giants already turned down a reported 80million euros offer from Barcelona for Pogba last week.

Reports in England claim Manchester City have made a 100million euros bid to Juve for the French international midfielder, who is also a reported target of Paris St Germain and Barcelona.

When asked if Pogba was not on the market, Agnelli said to Turin sports newspaper Tuttosport: "In football everything is possible.

"I remember that some years ago we wanted to keep (Christian) Vieri at Juventus.

"The player was considered non-transferable but a few days later, Vieri was sold to Atletico Madrid.

"Hence, my players are non-transferable from September 1st."

Load more updates