Friends of two of the six soldiers killed in Afghanistan spoke to Lewis Vaughan Jones as they travelled to see them being repatriated.
Family and friends have paid tribute to the six soldiers killed in Afghanistan on March 6th after their bodies were repatriated.
The bodies of six soldiers killed in the single deadliest attack on UK forces in Afghanistan since 2001 are to be flown home.
A British helicopter crash in southern Afghanistan that killed five service members, took place near Kandahar City, a spokesman for Kandahar governor Tooryalai Wesa told Reuters.
A Nato statement has said the blast which killed six soldiers was caused by an improvised explosive device in eastern Afghanistan.
The statement provided no further details about the attack and did not identify the dead service members.
The statement said Nato's policy is to allow "national authorities" to give details about the soldiers.
Six NATO soldiers have been killed by a roadside bomb in eastern Afghanistan, according to Reuters' reports.
A string of roadside bombs and clashes in southern Afghanistan killed at least 24 Afghan civilians and police on Sunday, officials said, in one of the deadliest days of violence in the country for weeks.
Two NATO soldiers were also killed by a roadside bomb and insurgents in separate attacks over the past two days in the south, the coalition said, without providing further details.
Afghan authorities say two roadside bombs have killed at least 14 civilians in southern Afghanistan.
Ahmad Jawed Faisal, the spokesman for Kandahar province, says a minivan ran over one bomb in Arghistan district.
Other civilians, who were riding on a tractor, arrived to help the dead and wounded, but the tractor struck a second bomb in the road.
It's not known how many people died in each blast.
ITV News has been told that 14 civilians have been killed in a road side bomb in Afghanistan.
Four more people were wounded in the blast which happened in the Arghistan district of Kandahar Province, police confirmed.
The United States strongly condemns the suicide bombing that occurred today in Kandahar, reportedly killing more than twenty civilians. 1/3
At least 20 Afghan civilians were killed on Wednesday when a bomb planted on a motorbike exploded near the airport in the southern city of Kandahar, officials said.
"The bomb exploded near the airport in a crowded area, killing 20 civilians and wounding 22," said Ahmad Faisal, a spokesman for the provincial governor.
The dead included three police officers, four members of the Afghan "local police" - a government-sponsored militia force - and one translator, Mohammad said.
Nato reported earlier that one of its service members had been killed in a bomb attack in southern Afghanistan but did not provide additional details.
A bomb has exploded as a foot patrol made up of Afghan and Nato forces was passing by in the south of the country, killing eight Afghans and one international service member, an Afghan official said.
The group was patrolling through the Arghandab district in Kandahar province when it was caught in the blast, said Shah Mohammad, the district administrator.