Liverpool will officially unveil the newly-named Kenny Dalglish Stand at the home match against Manchester United on October 14.
Work on branding and installation of illuminated signage and exterior graphics to the front and inside of what was formerly known as the Centenary Stand, began this week.
A special mosaic will be revealed across the Kenny Dalglish Stand and the Kop ahead of kick-off and the match-day programme will feature a cover dedicated to the former player and manager.
Anfield's Centenary Stand is to be renamed after Kenny Dalglish in recognition of one of Liverpool's greatest players and former manager.Read the full story ›
Former Liverpool player and manager Kenny Dalglish has returned to the football club after accepting an invitation to join as non-executive director.
Dalglish's second term as Reds manager ended in May 2012 despite League Cup success after the club finished eighth in the Premier League.
Dalglish said: "It is an honour and privilege to be asked to return to Liverpool as a Director of the Club. I have always said if there is anything I could do to help this Club I would make myself available - when the call came I had no hesitation.
"Liverpool has given me and my family so much since we came here just over 36 years ago and my priority is and will always be to have the Club's best interests at heart."
Kenny Dalglish, who managed Liverpool at the time of the Hillsborough disaster, has tweeted:
Two fantastic results today for the Hillsborough families. Your support has been unbelievable.
Kenny Dalglish, who was the Liverpool manager that day at Hillsborough in 1989, has written in the Daily Mirror about yesterday's "very encouraging" developments in the victims' families fight for justice:
The events of yesterday means the dignified search for justice has been given a platform to build on.
The sad thing is that 41 of the victims could have been saved and for their families there was obviously great upset.
The Prime Minister spoke very well, and MPs Andy Burnham and Steve Rotheram have done a fantastic job at getting the release of the papers brought forward, while great credit should also go to the panel when you consider how much information they had to work through.
The aims remain the same for the families and their search to see justice done goes on.
A start would be for the death certificates and the coroner’s report to be changed from accidental death to unlawful killing.
However, it was a very encouraging day and a big step towards eventual closure.
Kenny Dalglish has tweeted to thank fans for the first time since he was sacked as Liverpool manager:
Overwhelmed by support of the fans. Always been special but even more so now. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. YNWA and I never have.
Dave Whelan has confirmed to The Times that #LFC have asked for permission to speak to Roberto Martinez. "It is true," Whelan said.
Marina Dalglish, the wife of the sacked Liverpool FC manager Kenny Dalglish, has tweeted about yesterday's events:
Really sad day for us a family but we all remain LFC fans. All so proud of Kenny
Out with friends and family! Feels like a wake but the corpse keeps chipping in!!!
Legendary Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has been sacked after massive investment last year was followed by a poor league performance.Read the full story ›