- Kevin McGeever is originally from Swinford in County Mayo
- The property tycoon was found with a long beard, hair and nails in January
- He had to be treated for malnutrition when he was found by a motorist
- McGeever lost five stone and said he was abducted at gunpoint in May
- He was reported missing by his partner in June
A former property developer from Ireland who claimed he had been kidnapped for eight months is being held by police on suspicion of wasting their time.
68-year-old Kevin McGeever was found wandering barefoot and looking emaciated close to the Cavan-Leitrim border in January.
The tycoon was arrested at his home yesterday in Co Galway and held on suspicion of wasting police time and making false allegations.
An Irish property developer believed to have been held hostage for eight months was found wandering barefoot on a road with the word thief written on his forehead.
Kevin McGeever lived in County Galway, Ireland, when he went missing last year before turning up on Tuesday night.
The 68-year-old was shoeless, lost several stone in weight, had a beard, long hair and was in a malnourished and dehydrated state.
Mr McGeever, who was found in County Leitrim, has told police that he was kidnapped at gunpoint.