Convicted child sex offender Stuart Hall has been released from prison, sources have told the Press Association.Read the full story ›
A man has died in hospital more than a year after being stabbed by a pub landlord.Read the full story ›
A former soldier has been arrested at Manchester Airport on suspicion of terrorism offences after returning home from fighting IS in Syria.Read the full story ›
A boy's plot to attack Anzac Day celebrations in Australia would "in all probability" resulted in a number of deaths, a court has heard.Read the full story ›
Two men have been arrested after a five-year-old girl died when she was hit by a car in Rossendale.Read the full story ›
All tap water in Lancashire has been declared safe to drink following an outbreak of a parasitic bug.
Up to 300,000 homes were warned they should boil tap water after traces of cryptosporidium were found in the water supply at the United Utilities treatment plant in Catterall.
On Sunday, United Utilities confirmed water supplies were now back to normal.
"The boiled water advice is now lifted across the whole of Lancashire and all customers can now use their water supply as normal for all activities including drinking, food preparation and brushing your teeth," a spokesman for the company said.
"We’d like to thank all of our customers for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. We do realise how frustrating this has been for you."
United Utilities said compensation cheques should be issued to all affected residents and businesses by the end of September.
A further 86,000 homes in Lancashire have been told they no longer need to boil water after an outbreak of a parasitic bug.
United Utilities lifted restrictions in Chorley, Preston and South Ribble following work to remove the cryptosporidium bug.
On Thursday, the notice was lifted for 80,000 homes in the region.
Some schools have been warned the notice may still be in place when pupils return from the summer holidays.
United Utilities said it has arranged for 174 schools to be supplied with bottled water while the notice is still in effect.
A warning to boil tap water after an outbreak of a parasitic bug has been lifted in parts of Lancashire by United Utilities.Read the full story ›
The youngster, now 12, was treated with 'contempt' by her white British family who 'cared more for their animals', a judge ruled.Read the full story ›
Owners left 'devastated' as dogs, including two puppies, and other animals were killed in an arson attack on a stable block.Read the full story ›