Two Italians and a Canadian who were taken hostage in Libya have been freed and airlifted to safety, the Italian foreign ministry has said.
Italians Danilo Calonego, Bruno Cacace and Canadian citizen Frank Poccia were kidnapped on September 19 by an armed group that blocked the vehicle in which they were travelling, the ministry said.
They were "liberated" during the night and have since arrived in Italy, Italian officials said, without giving further details.
All three men are reported to have been in Libya working as construction workers on an airport.
Thirteen people being held captive by so-called Islamic State have been freed by Libyan pro-government forces in Sirte.
Officials said 11 Eritrean women, a Turk and an Egyptian were freed after a battle to recapture the city's 600 block.
After a six-month campaign backed by US airstrikes, Libyan forces have taken back most of Sirte, with only one district remaining.
The city fell to IS more than a year ago after militants took advantage of infighting among Libya's rival factions to expand their territory.
Select Committee report says the former PM's intervention in Libya spurred the growth of Islamic State and triggered the refugee crisis.Read the full story ›
About 6,500 migrants have been saved off the Libyan coast in one of the largest rescue missions this year.Read the full story ›
Libya's UN-backed government requested the airstrikes as allied forces close in around city of Sirte.Read the full story ›
Pro-government forces seized control of the port with British and US support.Read the full story ›
The bodies of 117 migrants - most of them women - have washed up on a beach off the coast of Libya, say the Libyan arm of the Red Crescent.
It said in a statement on Facebook that workers removed 117 bodies - 75 of them women, and six children - from the beach near the city of Zwara, and that they were still looking for more.
Earlier on Friday, Navy spokesman Col. Ayoub Gassim had said that 104 bodies had been found in waters off Zwara but the death toll was expected to rise as the type of boat involved usually carries up to 125 people.
He blamed Europe for "doing nothing but counting bodies" to stop the massive illegal migration from Libya.
The news comes hours after a major rescue operation was launched when another boat loaded with hundreds of people sunk off the Greek island of Crete today.
More than 300 people have been saved and at least three deaths have been confirmed in the latest incident.
As many as 700 migrants have been died after three consecutive days of shipwrecks off the coast of Libya, the UN Refugee Agency has said.Read the full story ›
The Prime Minister has insisted that Britain support the new Libyan government and help to stabilise the region.Read the full story ›