Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has admitted there was 'no chance' to keep Philippe Coutinho at the club beyond January.Read the full story ›
Liverpool face Manchester City this weekend in a battle of the two highest scoring sides in the Premier League so far this season.Read the full story ›
RB Leipzig are determined to resist any approach from Liverpool for midfielder Naby Keita to move to Anfield earlier than scheduledRead the full story ›
Mohamed Salah and Daniel Sturridge took part in Liverpool's training session on Wednesday ahead of this weekend's Premier League clash with leaders Manchester City.
Forward Salah, the Reds' top scorer with 23 goals in all competitions this season, has missed the last two matches because of a groin problem.
Sturridge has not been involved in a game since the Champions League victory over Spartak Moscow on December 6 having suffered with illness and injury.
Liverpool announced on their website on Wednesday that the pair had taken part in a session earlier in the day at Melwood.
Sunday's encounter with City at Anfield will be fourth-placed Liverpool's first match since the departure of Brazil playmaker Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona.
Coutinho signed a five-and-a-half-year contract with Barca on Monday as a transfer that could be worth up to £142million to Liverpool was finalised.
Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino, his compatriot, on Wednesday posted a message on Instagram saying "Liverpool is no longer the same without" the "magical" Coutinho.
Accompanied by a picture of the two players in Liverpool shirts with arms around each other, the message said: "Liverpool is no longer the same without the magical bro, I wish the infinite success for you, that you enjoy life. And realise all your dreams brother!!
"God is always protecting you and the whole family!! It was an honour wizard (to) play this time together with you."
Liverpool are exploring the possibility of bringing Naby Keita to the club early for an additional fee and more transfer rumours.Read the full story ›
Former Liverpool goalkeeper Tommy Lawrence has died at the age of 77, the club have announced.
The Scot made 390 appearances for the Reds between 1962 and 1971, helping Bill Shankly's side win two league titles and an FA Cup.
Lawrence, affectionately nicknamed 'The Flying Pig' due to his ability to make spectacular saves despite his stocky build, subsequently played for Tranmere, and he was capped three times by Scotland.
Having signed professional forms with Liverpool in October 1957, a few months after his 17th birthday, Lawrence made his debut five years later in a 1-0 loss at West Brom.
He rarely sat out a game in his years with the Anfield outfit that followed, missing only four league matches in the six seasons between 1963 and 1969, including three ever-present campaigns.
Lawrence played every game when Liverpool won the league in 1965-66, reclaiming the trophy he had also helped them secure two years earlier.
In early 1970, Ray Clemence came into the team and the following year Lawrence left Liverpool to join Tranmere, for whom he would make 80 league appearances.
Liverpool said in a statement on their official website on Wednesday: "Liverpool Football Club is deeply saddened by the passing of former goalkeeper Tommy Lawrence, aged 77.
"The thoughts of everybody at the club are with Tommy's family and friends at this sad time."
New Barcelona signing Philippe Coutinho has told Liverpool fans he hopes they understand why he left for the Nou Camp in a £142million switch.
The 25-year-old Brazilian's five-year stint at Anfield ended at the weekend when Barca finally struck an agreement with the Reds, making Coutinho the second-most-expensive player of all time after they were paid an initial £105m up front.
Liverpool had rejected Barca's bids last summer, despite Coutinho's desire to force through the transfer, but having finally sealed his move in this window the outgoing playmaker has posted a message to Reds supporters on his Instagram account.
Former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard also posted on Instagram calling Coutinho "up there with the best I've shared a pitch with."
Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.
Barcelona's vice-president has claimed the Catalonian club have managed to sign Liverpool's Coutinho at a 'substantial reduction in cost'Read the full story ›
Liverpool may resist the temptation to replace Philippe Coutinho in January, instead waiting for available targets in the summer.Read the full story ›
Philippe Coutinho presented with a thigh injury during a medical with his new club Barcelona, which the Spanish side says will keep him sidelined for around 20 days.
Coutinho was undergoing his routine medical tests with Barca on Monday morning as he put the finishing touches on his record-breaking move to the Nou Camp.
The Brazil international missed both of Liverpool's opening two games in 2018 with a thigh problem and Barca have confirmed he is now set to be sidelined for the rest of January.
A club statement read: "Coutinho has an injury to his right thigh and he is expected to be out for around three weeks."