Live updates

Liverpool positive over 'serious' Origi injury

Divock Origi was stretchered off against Everton. Credit: PA

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is remaining hopeful that Divock Origi could play again this season despite suffering a "serious" injury.

The Belgian was stretchered off on Wednesday night after being fouled by Ramiro Funes Mori, causing damage to the striker's ankle.

It is serious, but we will try everything. The season is not over, without taking any risk for the player.

I am long enough in this to know we are all different, all individuals.

A long time ago I had an ACL (anterior cruciate ligament injury) and I played after four months. No-one could believe it worked, but I never had a problem.

Why should we say now the season is over when we still believe there can be a few games?

– Jurgen Klopp

Advertisement

Liverpool hit by further Uefa charges

A flare is seen on the Anfield pitch during the Dortmund game. Credit: PA

Liverpool have landed yet more charges from UEFA as their Europa League campaign continues to generate off-field disciplinary issues.

Proceedings have been opened following the Reds' dramatic quarter-final second-leg victory over Borussia Dortmund at Anfield last week relating to the setting off of fireworks after a flare was thrown on to the pitch.

Liverpool and Dortmund have already both been charged by UEFA for offences in the first leg in Germany; the former for fans letting off fireworks and the latter for stairways being blocked.

The Merseysiders already face charges of illicit chanting, setting off fireworks, throwing objects and more general crowd disturbances by their fans from the second leg of their previous round against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Liverpool boss rubbishes claims of bust-up with Ibe

Klopp says there is no problem between him and Ibe. Credit: PA

Jurgen Klopp has dismissed suggestions there are "problems" in his relationship with Jordon Ibe and insisted the young winger has a promising future.

The talented 20-year-old impressed throughout Liverpool's 2-1 Barclays Premier League victory at Bournemouth on Sunday, displaying fine footwork on the left wing and providing the cross from which Daniel Sturridge headed their second goal.

His appearance was only his third since February, however, despite their intense schedule, and came after he had featured regularly from Klopp's October appointment until then.

"I heard from somewhere that Jordon has some problems with me or something?" said Klopp, whose ability to nurture young players was crucial to his success as Borussia Dortmund manager.

"Only a few young players can come up, and sometimes they are in the squad, sometimes not.

"He's still a brilliant, big, big talent which is very good for English football. He did well with the pass for the first goal, and the cross for the second. I was very happy.

"It was a beautiful pass from Jordan Ibe (for Sturridge's goal). We had a lot of moments and it's absolutely exciting."

Advertisement

Balotelli insists he doesn't want to go back to Liverpool

Balotelli is on loan at AC Milan. Credit: PA

Mario Balotelli has admitted he was never happy at Liverpool and does not want to go back.

The 25-year-old former Manchester City striker is on loan at AC Milan this season after scoring only one Barclays Premier League goal following a £16million switch to Anfield in August 2014.

He has struggled for game time at San Siro, too, but after starting in Milan's last two Serie A games the Italian media have suggested he might have a future with Cristian Brocchi's team.

Balotelli, who has 33 Italy caps, would like to stay in his homeland and avoid a return to Liverpool.

He told Mediaset Premium, in quotes carried by the Gazzetta dello Sport: "In terms of my future I want to stay with Milan because I was not happy at Liverpool and don't want to go back.

"Plus, Milan have the money to buy me.

"I've played well in my last two games and there are six left for me to prove what I can do."

Starting line-ups: Bournemouth v Liverpool

Liverpool midfielder ruled out for four weeks

Liverpool midfielder Emre Can's domestic season is over after he was ruled out for at least four weeks with ruptured ankle ligaments.

The 22-year-old limped off in Thursday's dramatic Europa League win over Borussia Dortmund and left Anfield on crutches with his right foot in a protective boot.

Emre Can won't play again this season. Credit: PA

He underwent a scan yesterday and the results indicated ruptured ligaments which could sideline him for up to six weeks.

However, it is understood Liverpool's medical team are hopeful the lay-off will only be four weeks, meaning the Germany international would have a chance of making the Europa League final should the club get past Villarreal in the last four.

It is the second injury blow in a week as fellow midfielder, and captain, Jordan Henderson damaged knee ligaments in the first leg against Dortmund and was also ruled out for the rest of the season.

Load more updates