Footballer Loic Remy will face no further action after he was arrested over rape claims.
The 27-year-old Newcastle striker was held in May last year along with two other men after a woman claimed she had been attacked in Fulham, west London.
Yesterday the three were told that they will face no further action over the allegations.
At the time of Remy's arrest, his lawyers Harbottle and Lewis said the French international denied the claim.
Scotland Yard did not name the former QPR star, but said: "On February 13, and following consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, the three men were informed that no further action would be taken against them."
Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy been bailed until September after being arrested alongside his cousin and a friend yesterday morning on suspicion of rape.
Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy has been arrested on suspicion of rape, here is a look at his career so far:
- Loic Remy is a 26-year-old striker who plays for Queens Park Rangers.
- He started his career at Lyon in 2006 before moving to Nice in 2008 and then Marseille in 2010.
- Remy joined the west London club this January for a reported fee of £8 million - a club record at the time.
- The former Lyon striker has won 18 caps for France, scoring 4 goals.
- Since joining QPR he has scored six goals in 13 games but could not prevent the club from being relegated.
- The French striker has been widely tipped to move to another club this summer.
Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy has been arrested this morning with his cousin and a friend on suspicion of rape.
ITV News understands that a woman in her 30s visited Remy, 26, at his flat last week believing him to be alone. When she arrived his cousin and friend were also apparently present.
The woman was offered a drink and allegedly lost consciousness afterwards.
When she recovered consciousness some hours later, it is claimed she was naked and the three men were still present. The woman made a complaint to police and the men were arrested this morning.
The Metropolitan Police said: "Officers from Sapphire are investigating an allegation of rape which happened on 6 May in the west London area.
"The allegation was passed on to the MPS by Kent Police on 8 May after the 34-year-old female victim reported it to them on the previous day, 7 May. The victim alleges she was raped by three men.
"On the morning of Wednesday, 15 May three men, [A] aged 26; [B] aged 23; [C] 22 yrs, were arrested at an address in Fulham on suspicion of rape - they remain in custody at a west London police station".