Events company Secret Cinema is planning to screen a film in protest at what they have called the 'censorship' of The Interview.Read the full story ›
The inquest into the death of a suspect in the murder of schoolgirl Alice Gross has been adjourned, Scotland Yard said.
An inquest into the death of convicted killer Arnis Zalkans - whose body was found in Boston Monor Park, west London on October 4 - was due to resume today.
But police said it had been adjourned until the conclusion of the 14-year-old's inquest.
The Latvian national's body was discovered just four days after Alice's body was discovered in the Grand Union Canal.
The teenager went missing from her home in Hanwell, west London on August 28, sparking a huge search operation.
The inquest into the death of the prime suspect in the murder of schoolgirl Alice Gross is expected to resume today.
The body of convicted killer Arnis Zalkalns was found in a park in west London on October 4, more than a month after the 14-year-old went missing from her home in Hanwell.
The 41-year-old Latvian man was found hanged in woodland at Boston Manor Park four days after Alice's body was pulled from the River Brent.
Alice was reported missing on August 28, sparking Scotland Yard's biggest manhunt since the aftermath of the July 7 bombings.
Her inquest has been adjourned until January.
Two Turkish men are facing a lengthy spell behind bars after sparking a dramatic gunfight with an armed police officer.
Balaclava-wearing Sedat Meric fired at a north London pool bar three times in a revenge attack between rival gangs before turning his gun on the officer identified only as NC32 who tried to stop him.
Meric then fired eight rounds towards the officer, who ducked for cover behind a car. He only gave himself up after running out of ammunition.
The prosecution said the armed officer clearly identified himself, but the court heard he did not have time to put his police cap on and Meric fired in self defence thinking he was a Turkish gangster.
Meric and his accomplice Oktay Ayanoglu were found not guilty of attempted murder of NC32 but guilty of possessing a firearm and ammunition with intent to endanger life on May 23 this year following a trial at the Old Bailey.
The group's alleged leader Bulent Eren was earlier cleared of the offences after the jury decided it could not be certain that he was the man who had stayed by the getaway car and fled before he could be apprehended.
Adjourning sentencing to January 9, judge Michael Topolski warned Meric and Ayanoglu to expect "significant terms of imprisonment".
Police are investigating three alleged murders of young boys as part of an inquiry into historical child abuse claims.
DetSupt McDonald: We are also investigating the murder of 3 young boys - we are determined to find answers #OperationMidland
A 15-year-old girl was removed from a plane at Heathrow airport earlier this month over concerns that she was travelling to Syria, ITV News understands.
The Metropolitan Police said the girl, from Tower Hamlets, had disappeared from her home on the same day and had since been returned.
A United Airlines flight that was circling in the English Channel is returning to Heathrow due to a maintenance issue, the airline says.
The airliner has been flying in a holding pattern for two hours.
A United Airlines flight from Heathrow to New York appears to have been circling in the English Channel for two hours since shortly after taking off.
Officials at Heathrow Airport and United Airlines were unable to immediately comment on what was causing the flight to divert from its planned path.
However, the airline said in a reply to a question on Twitter that it had received no information "that there is any plan to return to Heathrow".
Flight tracking website Airlive.net suggested on Twitter that the flight was "burning fuel before returning" to Heathrow.
A 13-year-old boy has been charged with the murder of Christopher John Barry on Sunday in north London.
The boy has been remanded in custody to appear at Highbury Corner Youth Court on 17th December.
Four other boys - three aged 14 and one aged 13 - arrested on suspicion of murder, have been bailed to return to an east London police station on a date in late January 2015 pending further enquiries.
Four boys, all believed to be aged 13 and 14, have been arrested on suspicion of the murder of a 52-year-old man after a verbal altercation in north London, Scotland Yard said.
Police were called to a residential address in The Broadway, Edmonton, at around 7.50pm last night following reports of a stabbing.
Scotland Yard said they believed the victim had been involved in a verbal altercation with a group of boys, aged in their mid-teens, as he attempted to gain entry into the block of flats.
He was followed by two of the males and stabbed, police said.
The suspects, all believed to be aged 13 and 14, remain in custody at a north London police station.