Live updates

TOWIE stars to miss Magaluf pub crawl after crackdown

The Only Way is Essex (TOWIE) stars have pulled out of a party by the organisers of a pub crawl in Magaluf after an 18-year-old from Northern Ireland was seen performing sex acts on more than 20 men in public.

James "Arg" Argent and Dan Osborne, who both feature in the hit ITV show, announced that they would not be taking part in the event after footage of the incident emerged two weeks ago.

James 'Arg' Argent is among two TOWIE stars to pull out of the Magaluf event Credit: Eamonn and James Clarke/EMPICS Entertainment

Neil Dobias said: "Whether they take part in the pool parties in future is something we will look at, but they definitely won't be going on the pub crawl, which is what the public has a problem with.

"They were only ever booked to go to the pool party and we are now considering whether to reschedule that."

Majorca authorities crack down on pub crawls

Majorca authorities are cracking down on pub crawls after last week's incident in which an 18-year-old from Northern Ireland was seen performing sex acts on more than 20 men in public.

Footage of the incident, involving a teenager from County Armagh on a pub crawl in the popular resort of Magaluf, appeared on social media sites.

It has been reported that the Magaluf pub crawls have around 200 British youngsters on them. Credit: PA

The mayor of Calvia, the region which includes Magaluf and five other resorts popular with Britons, said he wished to "express my total rejection and anger at the activities which were carried out in a video which is currently on the social media circuit".

Manuel Onieva said today he had passed a law giving "tighter control over the operation of pub crawl organisers", adding that companies operating pub crawls in Calvia "now have to apply for a licence through the town hall" and must "prove responsibility".

"Pub crawl groups can now not exceed more than 50 people and if any operators exceed this legal capacity, they will be fined," he added.

Advertisement

Man who died trying to save son from drowning is named

British man George Selby drowned off the coast of Majorca attempting to save his young son Louis off the coast of Majorca yesterday.

The accident occurred at Cala Antena beach, a small bay in the south east of the island.

George's mother and Louis' grandmother Christine Selby paid tribute to her son and grandson, of Hornchurch, Essex, in a statement released by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

She said: “My son George Selby died trying to save his son Louis Selby. George was passionate about his wife Abigail and their three sons. This tragedy that has befallen this family has devastated the lives of his wife, sons, and mother.

George, Louis and their family were - and still are - loved by all that knew them.

“Please allow us to grieve for our devastating loss of a truly heroic husband, father, son, brother. And Louis our little bear.”

British holidaymaker dies in balcony fall

A British tourist has died after reportedly falling from a hotel balcony in Majorca - the third Briton to die on the Spanish island in less than a month.

Charlotte Faris, 23, plunged to her death during the early hours of yesterday morning in the popular party resort of Magaluf.

The holidaymaker from Stevenage, Herts, had checked into the Teix Hotel just hours earlier, according to reports. The Foreign Office confirmed the death.

We are aware and can confirm the death of British national Charlotte Faris in Majorca on May 5. We are providing consular assistance to her family.

– FCO spokesman

Benjamin Harper, 28, from south west London, fell to his death at the four-star Sol Antillas hotel in Magaluf on April 20.

It came three days after the death of Adam Atkinson, 20, who suffered fatal injuries when he reportedly fell from a stairwell at the Hotel Martinique in the same resort.

Advertisement