Live updates

Advertisement

Two men arrested over Manchester Arena attack released

Tributes left to the victims of the attack

Two men arrested in connection with the investigation into the attack at Manchester Arena have been released without charge.

A 24-year-old man arrested on 2 June 2017 in Rusholme and a 20-year-old man who was arrested on 3 June 2017 on Cheetham Hill Road have been released without charge.

As it stands, 21 people have been arrested in connection with the investigation, of which 18 people have been release without charge.

A total of three men remain in custody for questioning.

Advertisement

Man arrested in connection with Manchester bombing

Tributes left in Manchester to the 22 people killed in the attack. Credit: PA

A man has been arrested in connection with the suicide bombing at the city's arena following an Ariana Grande concert.

The 20-year-old was arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences after police raided an address in the Harpurhey area of Manchester on Tuesday night.

The attack, carried out by bomber Salman Abedi, left 22 people dead, including seven children, and more than 100 people injured.

Eight people remain in custody after being arrested in connection with the attack.

Man arrested at Heathrow airport over Manchester attack

Credit: PA

A man has been arrested on suspicion of terror offences at Heathrow Airport in connection with the Manchester Arena bombing.

The 38-year-old was held as part of a planned operation and there was no direct threat to the airport, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said.

A total of seven men are in custody over last month's atrocity that left 22 people dead, including seven children, and scores injured.

On Tuesday, police said suicide bomber Salman Abedi may have stored items used to assemble his improvised explosive device in a Nissan Micra.

GMP said "significant evidence" was found in the white car, which has an "R" registration plate and was seized from Devell House in Rusholme on Friday.

The force issued photos of the car and a red and black holdall and appealed for anyone who recognised either to come forward.

Manchester attack: Man, 33, released without charge

Eight people remain in police custody in connection with the attack. Credit: PA

Police have released another man without charge who had been arrested in connection with the Manchester Arena bombing investigation.

The 33-year-old was one of 18 people detained over the May 22 terror attack, which killed 22 and left more than 100 injured.

On Tuesday, Greater Manchester Police released the man, who had been arrested in Wigan two days after the attack.

This followed the release of a 22-year-old just hours earlier.

Eight people remain in custody.

Load more updates