Former Man Utd and Three Lions striker Andrew Cole has launched a stinging attack on the FA after England's under-21s flopped at Euro 2015Read the full story ›
Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos wants to leave and has asked his club to listen to offers for him, according to the Spanish media.
Ramos, a reported target of Manchester United, has not been offered a contract extension to remain at Real beyond June 2017 when his current deal runs out.
According to Thursday's reports in the Spanish press, Ramos had a meeting on Wednesday with Real general director Jose Angel Sanchez at the club's training ground in Valdebebas.
It was at that meeting, the reports say, that Ramos announced his wish to leave the club this summer.
The 29-year-old Spain international joined Real in the summer of 2005 from Sevilla for 27million euros.
According to Spanish sports newspaper AS, Ramos earns six million euros net per season when combining his wages and endorsements.
The publication claims Manchester United are willing to offer the Spaniard 12million euros net per season and that Ramos is upset that Real have kept silent when Barcelona presidential candidate Jordi Majo recently claimed he had been offered the opportunity to sign the player to boost his election campaign.
Borussia Dortmund have not given up hope of convincing reported Manchester United target Ilkay Gundogan to extend his contract with them.
The Germany international is out of contract next summer and he has turned down Dortmund's offer of an extension, fuelling rumours he could leave as early as this summer.
United and Barcelona have been linked with the 24-year-old, but his future could still be in Westphalia, according to the Bundesliga club's general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke.
"Maybe there is still a chance that he has a rethink," he told the WAZ newspaper. "We are in talks and Ilkay is a decent lad."
Gundogan joined Dortmund from Nurnberg in 2011 and has made 117 appearances for the Westphalian side, scoring 12 goals.
Injury restricted him to 23 appearances last season and ruled him out of last summer's World Cup.
Man United will turn their attentions to Everton striker Romelu Lukaku as they struggle with a publicised pursuit of Mario MandzukicRead the full story ›
Radamel Falcao and Juan Cuadrado can bring the best out of each other at Chelsea next season, according to Colombia coach Jose PekermanRead the full story ›
youth team players to prove they can make the grade by giving them a chance on the pre-season tour to the United States.
While the Dutchman is trying to bring in more signings in addition to that of Memphis Depay, who has joined from PSV Eindhoven, he wants those further down the ranks at Old Trafford to push for contention to join his squad.
"I shall take a lot of youngsters with us to the USA," said van Gaal, whose team will play four matches against Club America, San Jose Earthquakes, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain in next month's International Champions Cup.
"They have the chance to show themselves and then we shall wait and observe how they can develop.
"You get your chances always, especially in pre-season and, when you grab that chance, you have maybe the possibility to join us next season."
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal is hopeful a few tweaks to the club's summer schedule will pay dividends in the Premier League.Read the full story ›
Memphis Depay has officially joined Manchester United on a four-year deal, the club have announced.
The transfer was sanctioned last month, but is now completed, with the Dutchman costing in the region of £25million.
This is a dream come true for me; to play for the biggest club in the world and also to have the chance to work with someone who I believe is the best manager in the world, Louis van Gaal. I have great belief in my ability and I work hard to strive to achieve my dreams.
I have been at PSV Eindhoven since I was 12 years old and I would like to thank them for everything. It was a great moment when we won the league and I was so happy to be part of that. This is now a new chapter in my life and one that I am looking forward to.
Goalkeeper Ben Amos and defender Tom Thorpe have been released by Manchester United, the club have confirmed.
The duo join experienced midfielder Tom Cleverley, who will join Everton, in leaving the club.
Man United's biggest fans have received a huge boost today with news that the club are planning to sell XXXXL kits from August 2015Read the full story ›