Arsenal and Manchester United target Mario Suarez is poised to join Fiorentina after the midfielder's departure from Atletico Madrid was confirmed.
The 28-year-old, who won the Primera Division, Europa League and Copa del Rey during his five years at the Vicente Calderon, has arrived in Florence as he prepares to sign for the Serie A club.
A statement published on Atletico's official website read: "The agreement between the clubs and the player is complete and will be formalised in the coming hours.
"He will play in Serie A after wearing red and white for the last five seasons. The club wish the player the best of luck in this new stage of his career."
Defensive midfielder Suarez, who moved to Madrid from Real Mallorca in 2010, will address the Spanish media and Atleti fans at a press conference to be held in the coming days.
Atletico have been working hard to replace departed defenders Joao Miranda and Toby Alderweireld and on Tuesday secured Montenegro centre-back Stefan Savic on a five-year deal from Fiorentina.
Ander Herrera is not fazed by the prospect of having to compete with Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan SchneiderlinRead the full story ›
Sir Alex Ferguson watched from the stands as Memphis Depay scored his first Manchester United goal in a simple 3-1 win over San Jose Earthquakes.
Ferguson would have given Morgan Schneiderlin the hairdryer treatment for his error, which allowed the hosts back into the match after United had gone 2-0 up courtesy of goals from Juan Mata and Depay.
But on the attack, United looked impressive and were well worth their second tour win.
Depay took advantage of a woeful backpass to roll in his first United goal after Mata's chip sailed in at the back post to put the visitors ahead at the Avaya Stadium.
And substitute Andreas Pereira ensured United maintained their 100 per cent tour record with a header after wholesale changes at the break.
Thomas Muller is honoured by the £70m bid Man United have tabled for his services, according to German publicationRead the full story ›
Louis van Gaal still expects Angel di Maria to join Man United's tour of the United States on Saturday despite reports the £59.7m midfielder is closing in on a transfer to PSG.
Di Maria failed to impress at United last season following his record move to Old Trafford from Real Madrid.
The 27-year-old spent a large chunk of the second half of the season on the bench at United and he has subsequently been linked with a big-money move to PSG.
Di Maria is currently on leave after his exertions with Argentina at the Copa America, but Van Gaal insists the midfielder will fly to the US on Saturday, as had been originally planned before the tour started.
"He will come on July 25," the United manager said.
Van Gaal refused to dismiss reports United's executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward met with PSG officials to discuss Di Maria's future on Tuesday.
"I cannot answer that," the Dutchman said. "It is a process. When we think we have to say something, we will."
After Louis van Gaal's cryptic clue about Man United signing a surprise striker, here are five men who could fit the billRead the full story ›
Louis van Gaal has confirmed Manchester United are in the process of recruiting a new striker.
Senior sources at United were insistent last week that the Red Devils were not after a new front man, but after United's 1-0 win over Club America at the weekend Van Gaal hinted a "surprise" signing might be in store.
And on the eve of United's second tour match in California against the San Jose Earthquakes, the United boss again dropped a cryptic clue which suggested a forward could be coming to Old Trafford.
"He is in the process," Van Gaal said bluntly when asked about his "surprise" signing.
When asked whether United were close to signing the striker in question, Van Gaal said: "No. It is not a striker that the media has written, but you have to wait and see.
"The transfer period is open until September 1. You have to wait."
Everton boss Roberto Martinez has brushed off suggestions the Merseysiders are on the brink of signing Jonny Evans from Manchester United.
Reports emerged on Wednesday that the 27-year-old Northern Ireland international was close to joining the Toffees, who are short of central defenders after releasing Sylvain Distin and Antolin Alcaraz at the end of last season.
Addressing the speculation at a press conference in Singapore, where Everton are currently on a pre-season tour, the Spaniard said: "It's not true, there's nothing (in that).
"I always said I'm not going to be commenting publicly on any of the names that have been shared around but I can tell you clearly that there is nothing true in that story."
Here, we look at who United could target to take the goalkeeping gloves in time for the 2015-16 campaign.Read the full story ›
Victor Valdes has responded to Louis van Gaal's claims that he refused to play for Man United's U21 side by posting a photo of himself with the team last season.
Red Devils boss Van Gaal omitted Valdes from United's pre-season Tour of the USA this week, and told reporters he would sell the former Barcelona goalkeeper because "he refused to play in the second team" last season.
Spanish international Valdes reponded to those comments this morning by posting images of the three second string matches he featured in for Van Gaal's side last term, against Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool.
It remains unclear which match Valdes is accused of failing to play in for Van Gaal, who is also fighting to keep David de Gea at Old Trafford, and is likely to be questioned over the social media post during his next media obligations in America.