Police have stepped up patrols at Manchester's Christmas markets following the suspected terrorist attack in Berlin.
Greater Manchester Police said they had strengthened their presence at the markets, which have almost 350 stalls spread across 10 sites in the city, but say there has been no information or intelligence suggesting an imminent attack in the city.
Assistant Chief Constable Debbie Ford from Greater Manchester Police said: "We will be working in line with the national response and have strengthened our policing presence at the Manchester Christmas Markets and stepped up visible patrols, to ensure that people feel safe to go about their daily lives."
Ayman Faisal was only two when he managed to unscrew a bottle of drain cleaner in a Manchester shop and drink its contents.Read the full story ›
Urdu, Chinese, Arabic and Polish make up the majority of languages after English.Read the full story ›
Four people have been left with "serious injuries" after being attacked by an American Bulldog-type dog at a property in Manchester.Read the full story ›
The two people who died are believed to have been sleeping rough in Manchester's city centre.Read the full story ›
Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service say they have received 120 emergency calls in just two hours as heavy rain has caused flooding in the region.
They have warned people to only dial 999 in an emergency as there is a "high volume" of weather-related calls.
A spokesman said: "Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service's (GMFRS) control operators are receiving a high volume of weather-related calls this evening (Monday) and we ask that people only dial 999 in an emergency.
"In a two hour period (4pm to 6pm) 120 emergency calls were made by people - mostly reporting flooding and weather-related issues."
The Baby singer threw his microphone on the floor and told the crowd: "Obviously Manchester can't handle me."Read the full story ›
The charge comes after the badly burned corpse was discovered near Peak District National Park almost two weeks ago.Read the full story ›
Greater Manchester Police have launched a manhunt for a convicted rapist who disappeared days after being released from prison on licence.
Luke Jones, 25, who had been jailed in 2012 for raping a 25-year-old woman in Manchester City Centre, was released on licence on September 16.
The police said Jones had been ordered to live at a bail hostel in Bury under the conditions of his licence but he has absconded from the hostel.
The public are being warned he could potentially pose a risk and not to approach him.
We are following a number of lines of enquiry in our efforts to trace Luke Jones but have so far been unable to find him.
We believe he may be in the city centre area but it is possible that he could be in other areas of Manchester.
I would urge anybody with information about his whereabouts to contact police. Do not approach him but call police immediately.
Detectives have appealed for anybody with information to contact police on 101, quoting incident number 2149 of 23/09/16, or to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Police are hunting two women and a man over the attack on the 18-year-old near the city's Gay Village.Read the full story ›