Today is the 39th birthday of York chef Claudia Lawrence who has been missing since March 2009.
“I cannot believe that we are yet again at another birthday for Claudia and there is still no news as to what has happened to her," said Martin Dales, who is Claudia’s father Peter Lawrence's spokesman.
"All anniversaries are hard for the family and friends to cope with and it is unacceptable that there is still no closure – good or bad.
“So I make a further appeal to those who know these answers.
"How can you sleep at night knowing you know the answer?
“ How can you live the lie with yourselves?
“ Have you no feelings for those who are suffering because of your misguided silence?
“Do what you know in your heart of hearts what is right and end the misery of all those who love and care for Claudia even if you don’t.”
The mother of a teenage boy who went missing soon after becoming a dad has appealed for him to come home.
He was last seen on CCTV in the town.
Mum Denise Machin told Daybreak: "I'd like to say to him, come home. The family miss him and love him and his little girl misses him.
"But if he's not ready, just let someone know he's Ok."
Read more at ITV Granada.
Police are trying to confirm the identity of a teenage boy found dead in a ditch.
Officers had been searching for 13-year-old Lewis Eddleston, of Doncaster, South Yorkshire, since he went missing on Sunday.
A major police operation was launched after a body was discovered at 10.30am yesterday close to The Boulevard in Edenthorpe, Doncaster, near where Lewis was last seen playing with friends.
Ambulance crews tried to revive the teenager but he was pronounced dead, South Yorkshire Police said.
A post-mortem examination was due to take place last night and formal identification was expected today, the force said.
Police say they are no longer treating the death of a teenager found in a ditch in South Yorkshire as suspicious.
Read the full story on ITV Calendar: Boy's body found in ditch in Doncaster
A High Court judge has launched a nationwide hunt for four missing children.
He said the children had gone missing from Ms Jones' house in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, and "must be found".
The youngsters - aged between 14 and eight - at the centre of a legal dispute between Ms Jones and her estranged Spanish husband Tomas Palacin Cambra.
Justice Roderic Wood added that the children had been with Ms Jones but should have been returned to their father's home in Spain.
A High Court judge has launched a nationwide hunt for four missing children who are believed to be with their mother.
Mr Justice Roderic Wood said Jessica, Tomas, Eva and David Palacin Jones were thought to be with Jennifer Jones.
He said the children - aged between 14 and eight - had gone missing from Ms Jones' house in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, and "must be found".
Passengers on the Aurora expressed their shock today after a British woman was believed to have fallen overboard from a P&O Cruise ship in the Mediterranean.
Pat Rodgers, 70, from Sheffield, said the missing woman was believed to be in her 70s and on holiday with her daughter.
Mrs Rodgers said the water had been "very choppy" and people on board were "sad and subdued" as a major air and sea search operation took place.
The captain made an announcement over the loudspeaker at 8.10am this morning and asked everyone to help keep a lookout.
There have been planes and a helicopter circling overhead and the lifeboats are out. The helicopter has gone back to Lisbon now to refuel. We can see other cruise ships and cargo ships all helping with the search.
We heard that the woman is 72 and was on holiday with her daughter, we don't know how she fell in.
The passengers are all very sad and subdued as the outlook doesn't look good. The sea is very choppy. We are just so concerned for this woman and her family. It is awful.
A British woman has believed to have fallen overboard from a P&O Cruise ship in the Mediterranean.
A search operation is underway for the as-yet unnamed passenger, who was reported missing on the Aurora ship as it sailed from the Portuguese city Oporto to Barcelona yesterday, the company said.
Despite an immediate search of the area by the ship's crew, the woman was not found.
"We can confirm a missing female presumed overboard from Aurora sailing from Oporto to Barcelona. The ship turned round to search for her and all relevant authorities have been advised," a P&O Cruises statement said.
The Aurora left Southampton for a 14-night western Mediterranean cruise on Wednesday. The company said that its care team is providing support and assistance to the family.
Police searching for a missing schoolboy who disappeared after falling into a river have discovered a body. Ian Bell, eight, fell into the swollen River Wear near Willington, County Durham, on April 27.
A spokesman for Durham Police said Ian's family had been informed of the discovery. He added:
– Spokesman, Durham Police
Arrangements are being made for formal identification to take place and the coroner has been informed. An inquest will be held in due course.