Europe's top divisions should follow the Premier League in closing their transfer windows before the season begins, according to Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev.
He argues that allowing the window to remain open when the competitions start is "too stressful", with his club experiencing speculation over the future of star names Kylian Mbappe and Thomas Lemar right up to the deadline on August 31 this year.
Mbappe ultimately left for Paris St Germain on an initial loan deal while Lemar stayed despite a reported £90million offer from Arsenal on deadline day.
Premier League clubs voted last month to close the window at 5pm on the Thursday before the 2018-19 season starts, which will be August 9, 2018.
Clubs in the EFL have indicated that they would also be in favour of closing their transfer window early from next season.
The risk to Premier League clubs is that European rivals could still sign, or at least unsettle, their players if the continental window continues to run until the end of August.
But Vasilyev believes the English approach is right for everyone.
"The best thing would be for FIFA to take the initiative and limit the transfer period for all European clubs, let's say until July 31," he told Sky Sports News.
"It's too stressful for the clubs (at the moment). We've seen many examples; Lemar, (Kylian) Mbappe, (Philippe) Coutinho, (Ousmane) Dembele. I think it's not fair to allow changes to be made once the season starts.
"It's fine before the season starts but, once it's ongoing, you cannot compromise the team and the squad."
Kylian Mbappe has joined Paris St Germain from Monaco, the two clubs have announced.
The 18-year-old France striker moves on an initial season-long loan deal with an option for PSG to buy him outright next summer.
The agreement, which came just hours before France's World Cup qualifier against Holland, brings to an end one of the summer's longest-running transfer sagas.
The deal had been expected as early as Sunday but was held up, seemingly due to negotiations over the terms of the option to buy.
PSG, having already signed Neymar from Barcelona for £200.6m this summer, insisted on the initial loan season so as not to fall foul of UEFA's Financial Fair Play regulations.
Monaco were believed to be pushing for an obligation on PSG's part to complete the transfer next summer, in order to have certainty over a reported fee of 180million euros (£166m), but when the deal was announced it was phrased as an option to buy.
Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev insists no agreement has been reached with any club for the sale of Kylian Mbappe.Read the full story ›
Manchester City have never bid for Kylian Mbappe and have no interest in challenging Real Madrid for the France striker.Read the full story ›
Real Madrid have agreed a £161million deal for teenage Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe, according to the Spanish media.Read the full story ›
Manchester City have completed the signing of defender Benjamin Mendy from Monaco, the Premier League club have confirmed.Read the full story ›
Tiemoue Bakayoko has completed his move from Monaco to Chelsea, the Premier League champions have confirmed.Read the full story ›
Chelsea appear close to completing the transfer of Tiemoue Bakayoko from Monaco, after the midfielder arrived at Cobham.Read the full story ›
Monaco midfielder Fabinho would be tempted by a move to Manchester United.
The 23-year-old has been linked with a move away from the principality, having helped Leonardo Jardim's men to impressively win Ligue 1 and reach the Champions League semi-finals.
Fabinho, who can also slot in at right-back, has - like many of his team-mates - been attracting admiring glances from some of European football's biggest clubs.
United are among those linked with the Brazil international, who told Esporte Interativo in his homeland that he would be open to an approach.
"If Mourinho invites me (to join United) it would be very tempting, but, first of all, I would have to talk with my agent and with Monaco to make the things right," Fabinho said.
"But Manchester United is a great team and I would think about it, for sure."
Tottenham's Eric Dier and Nemanja Matic at Chelsea are other midfield options said to be under consideration as United look to strengthen this summer. Reports that the latter has already verbally agreed personal terms have been dismissed by the club.
Juventus secured their place in the Champions League final after coasting to a 2-1 win over Monaco in Turin.Read the full story ›