A detective who helped bring the double murderer to justice says he could also have killed Ms Lawrence, who has been missing since 2009.Read the full story ›
Leslie Van Houten, 66, who participated in the murder of two people, is likely to be released after spending more than 40 years in jail.Read the full story ›
Noela Rukundo was snatched off the street after her husband paid hitmen to murder her – but lived to tell the tale.Read the full story ›
Dominic Bernard, 18, from Epsom, Surrey, went missing shortly after he arrived in Guyana last October to follow his dream of film making.Read the full story ›
Disgraced South African athlete Oscar Pistorius was granted bail today after judges changed his conviction for manslaughter to murder last week.
The Paralympic "Blade Runner" killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine's Day 2013 and will now remain under house arrest until he is sentenced in April next year.
Pistorius will appear in court on April 18 to give an update on his appeal at the constitutional court.
ITV News Africa correspondent John Ray reports:
A man arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Saudi Arabian student Nahid Almanea has been released, police said.
The 52-year-old man has been positively eliminated from enquiries, Essex Police said.
Nahid, 31, died after she was stabbed 16 times as she walked along a path in Colchester, Essex, on Tuesday morning.
She had been studying an English language course at the University of Essex as part of her studies for a life sciences PhD.
A man cleared of murdering two young women is to be re-tried, prosecutors said.
Angus Sinclair, 68, was indicted for the 1977 murders of Christine Eadie and Helen Scott.
The two 17 year-old girls were last seen leaving the World's End bar in Edinburgh. Their unclothed bodies were found a day later.
Mr Sinclair stood trial in 2007 accused of their murders and was acquitted of the charges, which he had denied.
Earlier this year, judges granted prosecution the right to re-try him under the new double jeopardy laws passed in 2011.
A 22-year-old man has been charged with murder following the death of an elderly man in the early hours of Christmas Day.
The body of 83-year-old Bernard James Smith was discovered at the junction of Shakespeare Road and Wordsworth Avenue on the Highfields estate in Stafford at around 12.50am on Wednesday.
A post-mortem examination revealed Mr Smith died as a result of multiple chest injuries.
Labour leader Ed Miliband said the killing of a man in Woolwich is a "truly appalling murder".
Mr Miliband, cutting short a Germany visit to return to the UK, said his party offered the Government " complete support".
He said: "This is a truly appalling murder which will shock the entire country.
“All of my thoughts are with the family and friends of the victim.
“The British people will be horrified by what has happened in Woolwich. Theywill be united in believing that this terror on our streets cannot be allowedto stand.
“The Labour Party will offer the Government our complete support in establishing the facts of what happened and ensuring that those responsible face the full force of British justice."
A 13-year-old girl is among five people arrested in connection with a murder inquiry after a man's body was found in a country lane in South Yorkshire.
A 47-year-old woman and three men, aged 21, 27 and 31, have also been arrested by detectives.
Nottinghamshire Police today launched a murder investigation after the man was found in countryside near Doncaster, by the border with Yorkshire, on Saturday 2 February.
The results of a post-mortem examination have so far proven inconclusive.