Former Number 10 spin doctor Andy Coulson has been ordered to pay £150,000 towards the costs of last year's £1.7 million hacking trial.
Coulson, 47, was jailed for 18 months after being found guilty of involvement in the hacking of phones while editor of the now-defunct News of the World.
The prosecution had wanted the father-of-three to pay £750,000, but today Mr Justice Saunders said he should pay £150,000 over three years.
A former News of the World royal reporter who was convicted of getting scoops from one of Prince Harry's comrades has had his conviction quashed.
While working at the now-defunct Sunday tabloid, Ryan Sabey, 35, was accused of cultivating his contact Paul Brunt, 33, who was in the same regiment as the young royal.
Sabey was found guilty of aiding and abetting misconduct in a public office following an Old Bailey trial.
At the Court of Appeal, the Lord Chief Justice quashed the conviction on the grounds that the jury was misdirected by the trial judge.
Director of Public Prosecutions Alison Saunders has already announced she would not pursue his case.
Former News of the World deputy editor Neil Wallis has been cleared at the Old Bailey of being part of the phone hacking plot at the now defunct paper.
Andy Coulson's former deputy broke down in tears as he was cleared by a jury.
Mr Wallis, Coulson's right-hand man between 2003 and 2007, was accused of being part of the scandal which led to the Sunday tabloid shutting down in July 2011.
The jury deliberated for four days before finding 64-year-old Mr Wallis, of Chiswick, west London, not guilty of conspiring to hack phones.
Former News of the World features editor Jules Stenson has admitted phone hacking at a hearing at the Old Bailey today.
In sentencing remarks on jailing Ian Edmondson for eight months, a judge said that the former News of the World news editor pleaded guilty at a "very late stage".
The judge added: "He pleaded not guilty and maintained that plea during the main trial until I discharged the jury from returning a verdict in his case due to his ill health.
"He played no role in the hacking of Milly Dowler's voicemail which ultimately led to the closure of the News of the World."
Ian Edmundson a former News of the World executive has been sentenced to 8 months in prison for phone hacking.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) found that former senior officers at Surrey Police were “afflicted by a form of collective amnesia” in relation to the force’s failure to investigate an allegation that the voicemail of Milly Dowler had been hacked by the News of the World.
The IPCC investigation found that there was knowledge of the allegation in 2002 at all levels in Operation Ruby, Surrey Police’s investigation into the abduction and murder of Milly Dowler, but that no action was taken to investigate it.
We will never know what would have happened had Surrey Police carried out an investigation into the hacking of Milly Dowler’s phone in 2002.
We have not been able to uncover any evidence, in documentation or witness statements, of why and by whom that decision was made: former senior officers, in particular, appear to have been afflicted by a form of collective amnesia in relation to the events of 2002. This is perhaps not surprising, given the events of 2011 and the public outcry that the hacking of Milly Dowler’s phone produced.
However, it is scarcely credible that no-one connected to the Milly Dowler investigation recognised the relevance and importance of the information Surrey Police held in 2002 before this was disclosed by Operation Weeting.
Surrey Police has apologised to the Dowler family for their failure and they were right to do so.
Two police officers have been given "words of advice" after an Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) investigation in to their actions when the News of the World hacked Milly Dowler's mobile phone messages in 2002.
Surrey Police Deputy Chief Constable Craig Denholm and Detective Superintendent Maria Woodall will be given verbal and written warnings.
The pair were referred to the IPCC in November 2012, over accusations that Deputy Chief Constable Denholm knew Milly's phone was being accessed by the News of the World and that Detective Superintendent Woodall over information she provided Surrey Police during an internal investigation.
A journalist arrested during a new police investigation into phone hacking has been released on bail, police said.
The 39-year-old man was arrested in Greenwich over a suspected conspiracy that took place between around 2005 and 2006.
He will answer bail in May, pending further inquiries, Scotland Yard said.
The man was one of six former News of the World journalists arrested yesterday as part of a new line of inquiry that is separate from allegations under the existing Scotland Yard investigation into phone hacking called Operation Weeting.
They have all now been bailed until mid-May.
In an internal email, News International boss Mike Darcey, said he shared colleague's concerns about today's arrests.
Because this now means that with all the phone-hacking investigations, the computer hacking, illegal payment to officials, more than 100 people have now been arrested. More of half of them are journalists.