Brazilian forward Neymar will remain at Barcelona "for life" – so wishes the club's technical director Roberto Fernandez.
The 23-year-old underlined his status as one of the best players in his team last season when he scored 43 goals in all competitions as Barcelona won a Primera Division, Copa del Rey and Champions League treble.
Neymar is tied to the European champions until June 2018 and Barca recently expressed their intention to reward the Brazil star with a new deal that would make him the second highest paid player at the club behind Lionel Messi.
"We are currently working on Neymar's contract extension and I don't think there will be any type of problem," Fernandez said, as reported in Marca.
"I have no doubt in my mind that Neymar will spend the rest of his life at Barcelona."
Brazil captain Neymar has been handed a four-match ban, ruling him out of the remainder of this year's Copa America.
The Barcelona attacker has been punished for his role in Wednesday's post-game fracas, when he was shown a straight red card for confronting Jeison Murillo and Carlos Bacca after the Group C defeat to Colombia.
Brazil, who have yet to make sure of their place in the last eight, do have the right of appeal.
Bacca has been banned for two matches and fined $5,000 for his part in the melee.
Barcelona president Jose Maria Bartomeu, his predecessor Sandro Rosell and the club are set to stand trial for alleged "crimes against the Treasury and corporate crime" over the signing of Neymar.
Judge Jose de la Mata called for the opening of the trial on Wednesday and the three parties accused have 10 days to respond to Spain's National High Court.
The trial centres around investigators' allegations the club only declared that they paid €57million for the Brazil star when they actually paid "at least" €83m.
All three parties have denied any wrongdoing on several occasions.
Barcelona forward Neymar appeared to confront a Manchester City fan at the full-time whistle of the Champions League clash at the Etihad Stadium.
Neymar was substituted in the 80th minute of the last-16 first-leg game, which Barca won 2-1, and footage posted on YouTube shows the 23-year-old apparently remonstrating with a section of City's support from the visiting dugout.
Once the full-time whistle was blown, the Brazilian then walked to the pitch side and looked to be in a heated discussion with one City supporter in particular, with stewards intervening to defuse the situation.
Luis Suarez scored twice on his return to England although City striker Sergio Aguero narrowed the deficit before Lionel Messi missed an injury-time penalty. Watch highlights on our Champions League site.
Pele is among many high-profile football stars including Ruud van Nistelrooy, and Gilberto Silva who have sent their support to Neymar after the Brazil attacker's World Cup was ended by injury.
Fifa's disciplinary committee is to analyse the incident in yesterday's World Cup quarter-final which saw Brazil striker Neymar suffer a broken verterbrae.
Colombia defender Zuniga challenged the Brazil star from behind in the closing stages of the game causing a back injury, which has now ruled out the Barcelona forward out of the tournament.
FIFA head of media Delia Fischer said: "The disciplinary committee is analysing the matter. The spirit of fair play is very important and we want to avoid difficult things on the field of play."
Costa Rica coach Jorge Luis Pinto is worried Arjen Robben will try to give Holland an advantage by diving in Saturday night's World Cup quarter-final in Salvador at 9pm.
Earlier in the day at 5pm, Argentina will be hoping Lionel Messi is proves to be the difference, while Belgium coach Marc Wilmots has called on his players to make history to reach their first semi-finals since 1986