Hundreds of people wearing white gathered in Nice to pay their respects to the 85 people who died in the Bastille Day truck attack.Read the full story ›
Four men and one woman have been charged with terror offences in relation to the Nice truck attack.Read the full story ›
The terrorist who drove a lorry through crowds celebrating Bastille Day in Nice had plotted the deadly attack for months and was aided by at least one accomplice, police in Paris said today.
Prosecutor Francois Molins said information from driver Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel's phone showed searches and photographs indicating he had been studying for a possible attack since 2015.
Five suspects are also facing preliminary terrorism charges for allegedly helping Bouhlel, his office added.
The investigation underway since the night of July 14 has progressed and not only confirmed the murderous premeditated nature of Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel's act but also established that he benefited from support and complicity.
The claims contradict previous reports that Bouhlel was self-radicalised very quickly.
He was shot dead by police as he attempted to exit his lorry armed with a gun after killing 84 people and wounding many others.
The measures, which mean an extension of extra search-and-arrest powers for police, will now run until January 2017.Read the full story ›
Police who have been searching through Nice lorry attacker Mohamed Lahouiaej Bouhlel's background say they discovered he had only recently been radicalised.
In the run-up to the attack he had been searching the internet for material about radical Islamist movements.
ITV News Security Editor Rohit Kachroo reports from Nice:
The people of France have vented their anger at a government they accuse of failing to protect them against terrorism.
The country's prime minister was booed as he attended a memorial service for the victims of the Nice attack, with shouts of "murderer" and calls for him to resign.
Eighty-four people have died following Thursday's attack, the third major atrocity in France in just 18 months.
ITV News correspondent Emma Murphy reports:
The Nice attacker took selfies on the promenade hours before mowing down 84 people with a lorry on Bastille Day, prosecutors have revealed.
Paris prosecutor Francois Molins said that on the day of the attack, Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel appeared to have spent much of the day on the Promenade des Anglais, taking selfies on the beach and the walkway.
It was also revealed that around eight months ago he took a picture of a news story headlined "Man deliberately rams car into cafe terrace", seemingly the first sign he was planning something.
Around the same time, Bouhlel showed a friend a video of a hostage being decapitated.
The Nice lorry attacker did several scouting missions on the Promenade des Anglais before carrying out the deadly Bastille Day attack, prosecutors have revealed.
Mohamed Lahouiaej Bouhlel had been searching online for July 14 celebrations, seemingly planning his attack, which left 84 people dead.
The prosecutor said there was no proof the attacker had direct links to the so-called Islamic State group, but internet searches showed he was interested in radical Islamist movements.
Bouhlel paid €1,600 (£1,330) on July 4 to hire the truck used in the attack and in the days before the massacre he was caught twice on CCTV rehearsing the journey that he would take on July 14, prosecutors said.
All police forces in the UK have reviewed security arrangements at upcoming public events following the Nice lorry attack, the Home Secretary has said.
Amber Rudd told the House of Commons that the Foreign Office was continuing to provide assistance to anyone concerned about friends or relatives caught up in the attack, in which 84 people were killed.
Ms Rudd said investigative assistance has been offered to French authorities following the incident, which she said defied "all comprehension".
French Prime Minister Manuel Valls faced boos and calls to resign as he laid a wreath for the 84 people killed in the lorry attack in Nice.Read the full story ›