At least 10 people were killed and dozens more injured in a suicide bomb attack by suspected members of Nigerian Islamist militant group Boko Haram, security sources have said.
The attack happened in the far north region of Cameroon, and is the latest deadly attack in the region as Boko Haram militants target the country along with Chad, Niger and Nigeria.
Cameroon has signed up to an 8,700-strong regional force with its neighbours, led by Nigeria, aiming to fight back against the militants. The United States is sending military supplies and troops to help the force, which is expected to be operational by the end of the year.
The United Nations refugee agency UNHCR warned last month that the border region near Lake Chad was being turned into a "war zone".
The Red Cross says thirty two people have been killed and 80 wounded in a blast at a market in the north east Nigerian city of Yola.
The explosion happened at a fruit and vegetable market beside a main road in the Jimeta area of Adamawa's state capital at around 8pm local time (7pm GMT).
At least 47 people have been killed and 52 injured in a blast that exploded in a northeastern Nigeria's Borno state market, a military source has told Reuters.
The sources said that the explosion struck the town of Sabon Gari at around 1.30pm. It is in a region where hundreds have been killed in attacks by suspected members of militant Islamist group Boko Haram in the last few weeks.
The Nigerian military has claimed to have rescued 178 people from the terror group Boko Haram.
An army spokesperson said 101 of those freed from the camp in northern Borno were children.
"A large number" of Islamist militants were killed in strikes by the Nigerian Air Force near the village of Bitta, near the city of Maiduguri, defence officials said in a statement.
The announcement made no mention of more than 200 girls who are still missing after being kidnapped from a school in April 2014.
The girls' abduction sparked the global #BringBackOurGirls campaign but none of them have been found despite reported sightings.
At least five people have been killed in a suicide bombing during a Christian church service in Nigeria.
The female suicide bombing is the latest in a string of attacks blamed on the Islamic extremist group Boko Haram that have killed around 200 over the last week.
Nearly 100 men and boys praying in a mosque were gunned down on Wednesday.
Dozens of Muslim worshippers were shot and killed by Boko Haram militants as they prayed at mosques in Nigeria.
The 97 victims - most of them men - were praying ahead of breaking their fast during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan when fighters from the Islamist militant group struck at a number of mosques in the town of Kukawa.
A senior government official from the area and a fighter confirmed the deaths, and said some militants also broke into people's homes, killing women and children.
Boko Haram often targets mosques where it believes the Islam being preached is too moderate.
Sixty-nine people were killed and dozens more injured when a runaway oil tanker ploughed into a bus station and exploded in southern Nigeria.
Officials in Anambra state capital Onitsha said the truck's brakes had failed, causing it to veer out of control and smash into the station where more than 100 people were waiting.
The tanker's load of petrol ignited and exploded, sparking a blaze which then spread to 11 other vehicles nearby.
Relatives of people missing since yesterday's crash were today called to morgues in the region to try to identify those killed.
A group of nearly 300 Nigerian women and children rescued from Boko Haram extremists by the military have been brought to a refugee camp.Read the full story ›