The 18th century Tadcaster Bridge in North Yorkshire collapsed due to damage caused by the devastating Christmas floods in 2015.Read the full story ›
The traumatised children had to be rescued by fire fighters after the driver ignored closed road signs during a major flood.Read the full story ›
The body of toddler Norma Dale was found dumped on wasteland near her home in 1946 with one of her red shoes missing.Read the full story ›
Zef Eisenberg had been riding the Madmax turbine when he fell off during a "Top Speed" event in North Yorkshire.Read the full story ›
West Heslerton in Yorkshire comes with a 21-bedroom mansion, 43 houses, a pub, sports field and 2,116 acres of surrounding land.Read the full story ›
John O'Neill has failed to overturn an order that he must tell police 24 hours before he has sex after a court hearing.Read the full story ›
A father who must give police 24 hours' notice before he has sex is planning to go on hunger strike in protest at the "extreme" order.Read the full story ›
A man has been killed in a gas "blow-out" at Boulby Mine in Yorkshire - one of Europe's deepest mines.Read the full story ›
The case of restaurant owner Mohammed Zaman, who has been jailed for six years over the death of a customer with a peanut allergy, is thought to be a legal first which sets a precedent for food suppliers.
Mr Zaman was convicted of gross negligence manslaughter in relation to the death of 38-year-old Paul Wilson.
After the verdict, the Crown Prosecution Service said it showed that food suppliers had a duty of care towards their customers.
Allergic reactions to food kill around 10 people every year in the UK and many more need hospital treatment, Trading Standards have said.
The body urged businesses to get in touch with their council to ensure they are meeting their responsibilities.
This tragic case highlights the importance of following that advice and what can happen when it is ignored.
Businesses that are unsure of their responsibilities should contact the trading standards team at their local council immediately.
The mother of a man who died from a peanut allergy after eating a curry has spoken of her heartbreak at not being there to help her son.Read the full story ›