Christmas bargain hunters cleaned out a new £1 shop of all its products related to the Disney hit within 10 minutes in a mad scramble.Read the full story ›
The woman who died in the same month she was treated by a Nottinghamshire dentist accused of breaching safety standards has been named as Amy Duffield.
Ms Duffield, 23, died in August 2013 and police are now investigating whether there is a link between her death and her treatment by dentist Desmond D'Mello.
The Leeds University graduate is reported to have died of viral acute myocarditis.
"Amy was such a people pleaser, she was my angel," her mother Sharon Duffield said at the time of her death.
"She lit up every room she was in and people were always drawn to her because she was so much fun, and so caring.
"Amy was really, really special. She was funny, and kind, and beautiful. Her and I were a team – we were like an old married couple."
A patient of Nottinghamshire dentist Desmond D'Mello, who has been accused of ignoring safety standards, has told Good Morning Britain the accusations have left her "upset and angry".
Tina Hunt also claims she was treated for tetanus soon after visiting D'Mello's surgery.
Police in Nottinghamshire are investigating whether a woman died following treatment at a dental surgery. The 23-year-old was seen by a dentist called Desmond D'Mello, who has since been suspended.
Officials are so worried about Mr D'Mello's practice, they're recalling more than 20-thousand patients, treated by him over the past 30 years. They're being offered tests for blood-borne viruses.
ITV News reporter Lewis Vaughan-Jones reports:
This is an image of Desmond D'Mello, the Nottinghamshire dentist suspended amid claims he kept medical equipment in the staff toilet and failed to wash his hands or change his gloves between patients.
Around 22,000 patients treated at the clinic are being urged to come forward for tests for blood-borne viruses including HIV and Hepatitis B and C.
Health chiefs have launched a public appeal to trace every patient who has been treated by Mr D'Mello, who ran the Daybrook Dental Practice in Gedling, during his 32-year career.
It is believed to be the biggest recall in British history.
NHS England has posted a video online explaining its appeal for the patients of a dentist to come forward.
Mr D’Mello was secretly filmed at a dental practice in Nottingham allegedly breaching infection-control standards that "horrified" health experts.
A recall of 22,000 patients has been issued by NHS England and a helplinehas been set-up.
Nottinghamshire Police has confirmed it is investigating whether there is a connection between a woman's death and the dental treatment she received from Desmond D'Mello.
The force said it found no link between the death of a second woman and her treatment at the former Daybrook Dental Surgery.
We are making further enquiries, on behalf of the Coroner, into the death of a woman in August 2013.
The 23-year-old had received treatment at the former Daybrook Dental Surgery, in Mansfield Road, earlier that month. Detectives are now working to establish if there are any links between the death and the dental treatment she received.
A dentist who has sparked a major public health alert allegedly stored medical equipment in the toilet.
A inspection by the Care Quality Commission in July this year found that Desmond D'Mello used the staff toilet and the room next to the toilet as store rooms for equipment.
"This posed a risk of these items coming into contact with body fluids which may be contaminated," the report said.
"This risk had not been identified by staff at the dental surgery and no action had been taken to minimise it."
Two female patients in their twenties died shortly after their treatment by Desmond D'Mello, the General Dental Council said following a hearing in August.
One of those patients died as a result of a viral infection, a committee was told.
The council said police have been informed about the deaths.
An appeal was launched today to trace more than 22,000 patients who have been treated by D'Mello amid allegations he did not follow correct procedures.
A dentist whose apparent failure to follow hygiene standards may have put thousands of patients at risk of infection was suspended in June this year.
Desmond D'Mello was suspended after a whistleblower, worried about the standards of care, secretly filmed him allegedly breaching standards at the practice he ran in Nottinghamshire.
The NHS launched an an immediate investigation into "apparent multiple failures in cross-infection control standard whilst undergoing dental treatment".
The findings are yet to be reported.
The former Daybrook Dental Practice has been under new ownership by Southern Dental since August this year.