Prince Harry will have to brush up on his nappy-changing skills before he becomes an uncle later this year.
Britain's double Olympic champion swimmer Rebecca Adlington has retired from competition to concentrate on grassroots coaching,.
The cooling towers of a former coal fired power station have been demolished after 50 years on the Nottinghamshire skyline.
Police say tests to identify the bodies of two people found buried in a back garden in Nottinghamshire could take weeks.
The human remains were discovered at the back of semi-detached house in Forest Town near Mansfield on Thursday.
Detectives say the discoveries were made after they received information about an 'alleged incident' in the 1990s.
Police searching a house where an elderly couple "disappeared" over a decade ago have dug up the remains of two bodies.
The dig began after police were told of an alleged incident that happened there sometime in the 1990s.
Local neighbours say there was an elderly couple living in the house at the time who people thought might have emigrated without telling anybody.
ITV News' Damian Green reports:
Police say they are doing forensic tests to identify the two bodies found in the garden of a house in Mansfield.
They say it may take several weeks or months before they know who the people are.
In a press conference, a police spokesperson said the police believe the bodies were buried in the late 1990s.
The people who currently live in the house had no idea the bodies were there.
Police searched a house in Mansfield after they were told about an alleged incident that happened there sometime in the 1990s.
That is why they arrived yesterday and began digging in the back garden, where they found the remains of two people.
Post-mortems are being carried out today, but local neighbours are saying there was an elderly couple living in the house at the time who mysteriously disappeared.
People thought they might have emigrated without telling anybody. They were last seen in the late 1990s.
The house stood empty for a number of years before being bought by a family.
Police say the family is not involved in this investigation, but there is a mystery and they believe they will be solving it very soon.
Police officers are standing guard outside a home near Mansfield where the remains of two people have been unearthed in the back garden.
Remains of two bodies have been found in the back garden of a house on Blenheim Close, in Forest Town, Mansfield.
Police are still investigating at the scene.
The remains of two people have been found in the back garden of a property in Nottinghamshire, police have confirmed.
Police believe the bodies, which were found at a property near Mansfield, had been there for some time.
Officers were led to the address after information came to light about an "incident" alleged to have taken place in the late 1990s.
The remains have not been formally identified but post-mortem examinations to establish the cause of death are due to take place today.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) says it referred a care home in Nottingham to the local authority after receiving calls from a whistleblower:
– care quality commission statement
The anonymous whistleblowing calls prompted a safeguarding referral to the local authority, which is the usual protocol when an individual service user is named.
CQC worked closely with Nottingham City Council last year when concerns were found and residents were moved to alternative accommodation.
A former employee of a care home that was closed last year following concerns about standards of care has said her attempts to end the abuse were ignored by her managers.
She told ITV News that she was accused of "neglecting the residents" and "not doing her job properly" after trying to report an assault on an elderly man.
“We kind of participated by standing by. We should have done more. One member of staff wanted to go to police, but was scared of losing their job," she told Channel 5 News.
A whistleblower has claimed she witnessed a member of staff at Autumn Grange care home in Nottingham putting an elderly resident "in a neck choke".
The former employee told Channel 5 News: “A member of staff had an old man of about 86 or 87 in a neck choke because he was refusing to go in his wheelchair."
She claimed she documented the man's bruises and was later disciplined as a result.
Speaking of the residents, she said: “Even though they had dementia, they understood they were in a place they shouldn’t be and they understood the treatment they were getting was wrong."