Operation Yewtree detectives have arrested a 79-year-old man on suspicion of sexual offences, Scotland Yard said on Tuesday.
The man, from Essex, was taken into custody in the local area by officers working on the investigation into historic sex crimes, launched in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal.
Police said the man fell under the strand of the investigation labelled "others".
"He was taken into custody locally and subsequently bailed to return pending further inquiries, next due on a date in early December," a Metropolitan Police Service spokesman said.
He is the 19th person arrested under the Yewtree investigation.
The Judge presiding over the sentencing of Chris Denning has described the former Radio 1 DJ's actions as "inappropriate and depraved."
Judge Alistair McCreath addressed Denning directly in court as he sentenced him to 13 years in prison for sexually assaulting 24 boys.
He said: "It is not to be forgotten that all of this suffering was inflicted by you without thought for anything other than your own selfish pleasure."
Details of abuse from Chris Denning's victims were aired in court as the former DJ was sentenced for a string of historic sex attacks.Read the full story ›
Former Radio 1 DJ Chris Denning has been sentenced to 13 years in prison for sexually abusing boys in the 1960s, 70s, and 80s.
Denning, 73, one of the founding presenters on the flagship station, used drink and drugs including ecstasy to groom his young victims, London's Southwark Crown Court heard.
Former Radio 1 DJ Chris Denning is due to be sentenced today for a string of sex offences against boys as young as nine over a 20-year period.
The 73-year-old was arrested in June last year by Operation Yewtree detectives, and subsequently admitted 41 charges of assaulting young boys between 1967 - the year he was revealed as one of the line-up at the newly-launched Radio 1 - and 1987.
He was due to be sentences last week, but the hearing was delayed when the prosecutor failed to appear in court after being taken ill.
Det Ch Insp Michael Orchard, from the Metropolitan Police, has described Denning as a "dangerous serial offender".
Former pop star Gary Glitter has been rebailed until early June after his arrest over alleged sex offences.
The 69-year-old was first held at his home in central London in October 2012 by officers from Operation Yewtree, the national investigation launched in the wake of abuse claims against Jimmy Savile.
Today Scotland Yard did not name Glitter, but said that a man in his 60s known as Yewtree 1 had been rebailed until early June.
The allegations against Glitter, real name Paul Gadd, are linked to late television presenter Savile. He was the first person to be arrested as part of Operation Yewtree.
A 78-year-old man has been charged with rape and indecent assault in connection with incidents at several hospitals including Stoke Mandeville in the 1970s and 1980s.
Michael Salmon, from Wood Green in Hampshire, was arrested as part of the Metropolitan Police Service's Operation Yewtree which was set up following the Jimmy Savile allegations.
He was arrested today and later charged with one count of rape and four counts of indecent assault by Thames Valley Police.
The charges relate to incidents involving four victims between 1972 to 1985 at hospitals in the Aylesbury area.
Salmon will appear at Aylesbury Magistrates' Court on December 17.
Paul Gambaccini has confirmed he was arrested as part of the Metropolitan Police's Operation Yewtree investigation and has denied all allegations, a spokesman for the BBC broadcaster said tonight.
Paul Gambaccini was released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of sexual offences by officers investigating Operation Yewtree.
A police spokesman refused to confirm the identity of the arrested man, but said:
The man was arrested at an address in south London on suspicion of sexual offences and taken into police custody.
He falls under the strand of the investigation we have termed 'others'.
Police confirmed that another man, aged 74, was also arrested as part of the investigation. Oficers said both have been bailed to a date in early January pending further inquiries
Paul Gambaccini decided he did not want to present his radio show tomorrow, and in his absence, the BBC said they would change their programming schedules. In a statement, a BBC spokesperson said:
Paul Gambaccini has decided that, in light of today's media attention, he would rather not be on-air at present and we respect that decision.
Therefore, Paul will not be presenting on BBC Radio in coming weeks and replacement programmes for the period will be announced soon.