- Steve Carell (Foxcatcher)
- Bradley Cooper (American Sniper)
- Benedict Cumberbatch (The Imitation Game)
- Michael Keaton (Birdman or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
- Eddie Redmayne (The Theory of Everything)
- Marion Cotillard (Two Days, One Night)
- Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything)
- Julianne Moore (Still Alice)
- Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl)
- Reese Witherspoon (Wild)
- Patricia Arquette (Boyhood)
- Laura Dern (Wild)
- Keira Knightley (The Imitation Game)
- Emma Stone (Birdman or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
- Meryl Streep (Into the Woods)
- Robert Duvall (The Judge)
- Ethan Hawke (The Boyhood)
- Edward Norton (Birdman or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
- Mark Ruffalo (Foxcatcher)
- JK Simons (Whiplash)
- Big Hero 6
- The Boxtrolls
- How to Train Your Dragon 2
- Song of the Sea
- The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
- Everything is Awesome (Lego Movie)
- Glory (Selma)
- Grateful (Beyond the lights)
- I'm not going to miss you (Glen Campbell)
- Lost Stars (Begin Again)
Oscar hopefuls across the movie-making world will find out today who has been shortlisted for one of the coveted golden statuettes.Read the full story ›
How I Met Your Mother star Neil Patrick Harris has been confirmed as the host of the Academy Awards ceremony.Read the full story ›
Lauren Bacall gave a memorable acceptance speech when she was awarded an honorary Oscar in 2009.
After getting a laugh when she exclaimed "a man at last" as she grasped her trophy, she told the audience: "I've been very lucky in life, probably luckier than I deserve".
A 65-year-old man from Texas is hoping his equivalent to Ellen DeGeneres' Oscars selfie will become the most retweeted post on the social network site.
Terry Shipman had just five followers when he tweeted this picture with his two dogs:
It now has over 145,000 retweets - a long way from Ellen's three million record.
He told NBC's Today show: "I took that photograph, tweeted it to my son, then he and his roommate retweeted it a couple times, and then their phones started blowing up...I was just totally amazed. It was just kind of as a lark,” he said.
But now a cruise company from his hometown have offered him a holiday if he can reach 1.5 million retweets. They have also started the hashtag #sendterrytotheislands to get him there.
Terry also revealed: "I have to silence my phone because it’s just constantly going off.”