Bob Geldof revealed that he "half expected" the death of his daughter Peaches due to the "way she was carrying on".Read the full story ›
Police said they were closing the investigation into who sold the model and TV presenter the drugs which killed her.Read the full story ›
The deaths of Peaches Geldof and Robin Williams made them Britain's most-searched-for celebrities of the year, according to Bing.Read the full story ›
Sir Bob Geldof has told ITV News' Mark Austin he feels he "clearly failed" to help his daughter before a relapse into drugs ended her life.Read the full story ›
The eldest sister of Peaches Geldof has been battling with clinical depression for two decades - keeping it a secret from her rock star father.
Fifi Geldof, 31, said she was first diagnosed with the mental illness at the age of 11, following the break-up of her parents, Boomtown Rats frontman Bob Geldof and television presenter Paula Yates.
"I never expressly told my parents. Dad doesn't know. I wouldn't talk to him about it now. I don't have that relationship with my family," she said.
Speaking to The Mail On Sunday, Fifi described how she took drugs, drank heavily and began comfort eating following her mother's death, having previously being treated for clinical depression.
Her mother died from a heroin overdose at her London home in September 2000, while sister Peaches died of a heroin overdose in April this year after losing her battle against addiction to the Class A drug.
A celebrity journalist who knew Peaches Geldof said she doubted the socialite "wanted to die" and her death from a heroin overdose had been a tragic accident.
Katie Hind, who had known Peaches since she was a 17-year-old, felt the young mother of two had been unhappy they day she died.
Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose after losing her battle against addiction to the Class A drug, an inquest heard today.
ITV News Correspondent Nina Nannar reports:
The death of Peaches Geldof was "not entirely" a case of history repeating itself, the coroner has told an inquest.
North West Kent Coroner Roger Hatch said: "By November last year she had ceased to take heroin as a result of the considerable treatment and counselling that she had received.
"This was a significant achievement for her, but for reasons we will never know prior to her death she returned to taking heroin."
Ms Geldof's mother, Paula Yates, died from an accidental heroin overdose in 2000 at the age of 41.
Police found 79 syringes hidden inside a black cloth bag with "importation quality" heroin at Peaches Geldof's home, an inquest has heard.
Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham, who led the investigation into Ms Geldof's death, said: "The black bag also contained 34 medical syringes, some were with needles and some without, some were sealed in original packaging and some contained traces of a brown coloured residue.
"There were also 45 packaged and sealed syringes, alcohol wipes and cotton buds."
Police also found a pair of knotted black tights under Ms Geldof's body and two other pairs of tights with knots in them elsewhere in the property, likely to have been used while she took the drug.
Police investigating the death of Peaches Geldof found "importation quality" heroin hidden in her home that was more than double the normal level of purity.
Forensic scientist Dr Peter Cain analysed the brown powder found and concluded that it was 6.91 grams of heroin with a purity of 61%.
Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham, who led the investigation, told the inquest that the drugs would have been worth £350 to £550.
The officer said that it "far exceeded" the 26% purity usually found at street level.