The actual, true story of today was that the Murdochs escaped relatively unscathed. Not that you'd know it from most of the reports.
Rupert Murdoch has been accused of not being "a fit person" to run News Corporation.
The MPs may not all have agreed on the conclusion, yet the report could have powerful implications for the Murdoch empire
In paying Siobhain McDonagh very substantial damages, The Sun accepted information on her stolen mobile phone should not have been accessed and used.
A QC told the High Court on behalf of the newspaper it was a serious misuse of private information.
The Sun has apologised at the High Court to Labour MP Siobhain McDonagh for accessing her mobile phone after it was stolen.
She has accepted "very substantial damages" in a settlement from the newspaper.
The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said it has droppws charges against a journalist investigated over phone hacking.
In a statement, the CPS said: "Having carefully considered the matter, the CPS has concluded that there is insufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction in relation to that journalist."
Another journalist remains under investigation.
Former News of the World Deputy Editor Neil Wallis took to Twitter to say that he is the journalist who will not now face charges:
After 21 months of hell for my family, CPS have just told my solicitors that there will be NO prosecution of me re my phone-hacking arrest
A number of high profile phone-hacking cases are to be settled at the High Court today.
It is the latest in a series of case management conferences, ahead of a hearing in June.
At that time, compensation will be assessed in any outstanding claims for the second wave of the litigation.
Agreed statements of around 15 claimants could be read out to Mr Justice Vos today, with an estimated 160 claims on the register, and more coming forward.
Actress Sienna Miller was the first to publicly settle her privacy and harassment claim, for £100,000, in June 2011, with her ex Jude Law receiving the highest pay out so far, with compensation of £130,000.
The trial of a senior counter-terrorism detective accused of passing information to the News of the World is due to begin today.
Det Chief Insp April Casburn, 53, is accused of offering the now-defunct tabloid information about Operation Varec, the investigation into whether Scotland Yard's inquiry into phone hacking should be reopened.
She is due to appear at Southwark Crown Court today on one count of misconduct in public office, which she denies.
The trial is expected to take a week.
David Sherborne, who represents the core participant victims of phone hacking, said his clients welcome the findings and recommendations of the Leveson report.
He said the report included a "clear recognition of widespread failings in the culture, ethics and standard of the press and the devastating consequences this has had for the victims".
He said that the report calls for a regulatory system with "real teeth" and called on the current parliament to implement its recommendations.
Former News of the World editor Andy Coulson has won his appeal against a High Court ruling that News Group Newspapers (NGN) does not have to pay his legal costs arising from the phone-hacking affair.
Newspaper publisher Trinity Mirror is facing legal challenges over phone-hacking allegations for the first time, according to reports.
Former England football manager Sven-Goran Eriksson, former Beckham nanny Abbie Gibson, Coronation Street actress Shobna Gulati and ex-Blackburn Rovers captain Garry Flitcroft filed High Court claims alleging their voicemail messages were illegally accessed, the Financial Times (£) reported.
Their allegations relate to the Daily Mirror, the Sunday Mirror and The People newspapers, while Mr Eriksson's claim relates to the time Piers Morgan was editor of the Daily Mirror.
Mr Morgan has repeatedly denied claims he was involved in phone hacking, while Trinity Mirror told the FT, "We have no comment, we are unaware action has been taken at the High Court.”
David Cameron's former spin doctor Andy Coulson and ex-News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks are due to appear in court today to face charges linked to the investigation into phone hacking.
The pair are due at the Old Bailey with five other journalists from the now-defunct tabloid the News of the World, as well as private investigator Glenn Mulcaire.
Ex-managing editor Stuart Kuttner, former news editor Greg Miskiw, former head of news Ian Edmondson, ex-chief reporter Neville Thurlbeck and former reporter James Weatherup are also facing charges.
The seven former NotW staff face one general accusation of conspiracy to access voicemails, that prosecutors say could affect up to 600 victims, along with other charges related to specific people.
A man has been arrested today by officers investigation phone hacking, Scotland Yard said. The 60-year-old man was arrested at his home in south west London tat 6.45am.
He was held on suspicion of conspiring to intercept communications and is being questioned at a south London police station.