Prince Charles has condemned the Paris terrorist atrocities as "bestial attacks" and said he wanted to express his "utter, total horror" at what had happened.
Fearsome warriors greeted the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall with a spectacular haka during a welcome ceremony to the home of the Maori nation.
Charles and Camilla were celebrated by their hosts at the royal riverside residence of Kiingi Tuheitia.
The couple arrived at the complex wearing korowai, cloaks made of kiwi feathers, that had been given to the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh in 1953.
The royal couple have since continued to Auckland where they plan to spend the afternoon before leaving the country on Wednesday ending their seven-day tour.
Prince Charles gave one pub-goer a Royal hair cut when he visited a Welsh pub today.Read the full story ›
The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall will mark the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo by visiting one of its key sites later today. Charles and Camilla, alongside Belgium's Princess Astrid, will tour Hougoumont Farm, a complex of buildings that played a crucial role in Wellington and the Allies' victory over Napoleon.
The farm saw fierce fighting 200 years ago and was in danger of being lost after it fell into disrepair but has now been restored thanks to a multimillion-pound project and will be officially opened today.
Labour's former Health Secretary - and current leadership contender - Andy Burnham ended a reply to the Prince of Wales with a wordy sign-off, declaring himself the royal's "humble and obedient servant".
Among the latest letters exchanged between Prince Charles and the government was an inquiry about complementary medicine, sent in June 2009.
The newly-appointed health chief responded in due course and added a handwritten sign-off:
I have the honour to remain, Sir, Your Royal Highness's most humble and obedient servant.
Mr Burnham's message is in line with formal British social etiquette, as outlined by Debrett's - but sits in stark contrast to his colleagues at the time, including his predecessor Alan Johnson, who largely favoured simpler alternatives such as "Yours Sincerely".
A summary of a second batch of letters written by Prince Charles to various government ministers between 2007 and 2009.Read the full story ›
In one letter, released today from Prince Charles to then Culture Secretary Ben Bradshaw in 2009, the prince asks him to get in touch and "discuss various heritage matters".
The letter, dated June 16, came a week after the Labour MP took on the role of Secretary of State for Culture,Media and Sport.
In it, Charles briefly detailed his concerns about "major historic sites, many of which are lying derelict".
He also hit out at "unscrupulous owners" for abandoning certain unnamed sites.
He wrote: "As many of these historic sites are often in fairly deprived areas, their revitalisation can make a big difference. Not only that, but I do feel we owe it to those dedicated craftsmen who built the buildings in the first place, and many of whose descendants probably still live in the area, to bring their dedicated workmanship back to life."
The latest batch of letters between Prince Charles and government ministers includes a letter written to then Health Secretary Alan Johnson about the benefits of complementary medicine in September 2007.
In the letter, the prince wrote: "…I cannot bear people suffering unnecessarily when a complementary approach could make a real difference."
More letters sent by the Prince of Wales to government ministers between September 2007 and June 2009 have been published.
Clarence House said the letters show the range of The Prince of Wales' concerns and interests for this country and the wider world.
The latest correspondence includes six from the prince himself and three from Private Secretaries. There are also eight from government ministers.
It follows the publication of a series of private letters - known as "black spider" memos because of the prince’s distinctive handwriting - last month after a lengthy campaign by the Guardian for them to be released.
The Government and officials at Buckingham Palace had battled to keep the letters out of the public eye but the Court of Appeal declared the veto unlawful last year - a ruling upheld by the Supreme Court judges in March.
Prince Charles will visit Northern Ireland's oldest peace and reconciliation centre later today concluding his visit to the region.Read the full story ›