In one letter, released today from Prince Charles to then Culture Secretary Ben Bradshaw in 2009, the prince asks him to get in touch and "discuss various heritage matters".
The letter, dated June 16, came a week after the Labour MP took on the role of Secretary of State for Culture,Media and Sport.
In it, Charles briefly detailed his concerns about "major historic sites, many of which are lying derelict".
He also hit out at "unscrupulous owners" for abandoning certain unnamed sites.
He wrote: "As many of these historic sites are often in fairly deprived areas, their revitalisation can make a big difference. Not only that, but I do feel we owe it to those dedicated craftsmen who built the buildings in the first place, and many of whose descendants probably still live in the area, to bring their dedicated workmanship back to life."
The latest batch of letters between Prince Charles and government ministers includes a letter written to then Health Secretary Alan Johnson about the benefits of complementary medicine in September 2007.
In the letter, the prince wrote: "…I cannot bear people suffering unnecessarily when a complementary approach could make a real difference."
More letters sent by the Prince of Wales to government ministers between September 2007 and June 2009 have been published.
Clarence House said the letters show the range of The Prince of Wales' concerns and interests for this country and the wider world.
The latest correspondence includes six from the prince himself and three from Private Secretaries. There are also eight from government ministers.
It follows the publication of a series of private letters - known as "black spider" memos because of the prince’s distinctive handwriting - last month after a lengthy campaign by the Guardian for them to be released.
The Government and officials at Buckingham Palace had battled to keep the letters out of the public eye but the Court of Appeal declared the veto unlawful last year - a ruling upheld by the Supreme Court judges in March.
Prince Charles will visit Northern Ireland's oldest peace and reconciliation centre later today concluding his visit to the region.Read the full story ›
The people of Mullaghmore want to put the past behind them and get on with their lives following Prince Charles' visit to the scene where his great uncle was killed by the IRA 35 years ago.
Accompanied by his wife Camilla, Charles stopped at the spot where Lord Mountbatten's boat was blown up, killing him in 1979.
He also met with the mother of Paul Maxwell, who died aged 15 in the blast while working on the boat as a summer job.
Charles and Camilla also attended a church service in memory of the victims of the bombing and those killed during the Northern Ireland troubles.
ITV News Royal Editor Tim Ewart reports:
Prince Charles has visited the village of Mullaghmore where his great uncle Lord Mountbatten was killed in an IRA bomb attack in 1979.
Lord Mountbatten's boat was about 600 metres from shore when the bomb planted the night before was detonated.
The mother of a boy murdered in the IRA bomb attack that killed Prince Charles' great-uncle, Lord Mountbatten, has welcomed the prince's visit to Ireland.
The prince is to visit the place where his great-uncle was killed in 1979, on the second day of his visit to Ireland.
Mary Hornsey, whose son Paul Maxwell, 15, was killed, said: "It's a good thing that people will never forget how awful it is for a mother to lose her son. And realise the absolute senselessness of violence."
In an emotional tribute Prince Charles has spoken about the loss of his great-uncle Lord Mountbatten who was killed by the IRA.Read the full story ›
Prince Charles' visit to the scene of Lord Mountbatten's assassination at the hands of the IRA can help heal communities affected by the 30-year conflict in Northern Ireland, the country's Foreign Affairs Minister has said.
Charlie Flanagan said he hopes this afternoon's visit by the Prince of Wales' visit to the location where his great-uncle was killed along with three others would be a "time for reflection" on other dark moments for the country.
Prince Charles and Camilla will visit Mullaghmore, Co Sligo, after making history by shaking hands with Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams in Galway yesterday.
This afternoon will bring, I hope, further healing as we all reflect on those dark moments across these islands that cast a shadow across cities and towns such as Belfast and Birmingham, Derry and Dublin, Warrenpoint and Warrington, as well as here in Sligo and nearby Enniskillen and Monaghan.
So much of [Prince Charles'] visit here is about the quality of the relationship between our two countries in the 21st century - relations that can be aptly described as warm, neighbourly, dynamic and further improving all of the time.
Prince Charles' trip to Ireland will take an emotional turn today when he visits the site where his great uncle Lord Mountbatten was assassinated.
Charles and his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, will travel to Mullaghmore, County Sligo, where Louis Mountbatten was killed along with three others when a bomb was detonated on his boat on 27 August, 1979.
After a prayer service for peace and reconciliation in nearby Drumcliffe, the Prince of Wales will meet some of those who were in the seaside village on the day of the atrocity, and others who pulled survivors from the Atlantic.
On his arrival in Mullaghmore, Charles will meet locals and look around the village's "peace garden" before attending a private engagement in the Pier Head Hotel where the bodies of the dead and injured were treated once ashore.