Live updates

QPR back Hasselbaink after concluding investigation

Hasselbaink has received the backing of QPR's board. Credit: PA

QPR have reminded Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink "of his roles and responsibilities" after concluding an investigation into claims made by the Telegraph in September.

The newspaper secretly filmed Hasselbaink appearing to negotiate a fee to work for a fictitious agency representing footballers around the globe.

Despite Hasselbaink insisting he had nothing to hide, the footage hinted at a potential conflict of interests.

QPR and Hasselbaink's lawyers requested access to the full video but club claims that the Telegraph failed to provide any damning evidence.

A statement on QPR's website this morning read:

The club can confirm that our internal investigation has now ended concerning The Telegraph's reporting on inferences made on September 28th relating to QPR manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

Throughout the comprehensive investigation, the club contacted and communicated with all the major parties involved, including The Telegraph, who failed to provide the club with the information previously requested. Despite a number of requests from both the club and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's legal team for the information relating to the inferences made on September 28th, including video footage and a full transcript of the discussions that took place, nothing has been forthcoming.

As a result, and in the absence of any further evidence, the Board fully back QPR manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and his explanations relating to these inferences. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink openly admitted he was naive and, as such, has been reminded of his roles and responsibilities as manager of Queens Park Rangers Football Club.

He remains fully focused on his job as QPR manager, and he does so with the Board's unanimous support.

– QPR manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Last minute penalty miss costs Fulham against QPR

Idrissa Sylla netted the winner. Credit: PA

Idrissa Sylla headed home a late winner to help QPR earn a 2-1 victory over near neighbours Fulham and ensure Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink ended a difficult week on high.

Manager Hasselbaink had been caught up in the Daily Telegraph's investigation into corruption in football but took his place in the dugout and saw his QPR side win at Craven Cottage for the first time since 1980.

And he rode his luck on the way as Fulham missed two penalties and a host of chances before substitute Sylla headed home in the 87th minute of this west London derby. Conor Washington's first league goal for QPR had opened the scoring before Tim Ream levelled up, only for Sylla to win it.


Sandro giving QPR boss 'very difficult' choice to make

Sandro has scored three goals in two EFL Cup games. Credit: PA

QPR manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has admitted that Sandro is giving him a "very difficult" but welcome selection dilemma ahead of Saturday's Championship game against Birmingham.

The Brazilian scored in the Hoops' 2-1 defeat to Sunderland in the EFL Cup on Wednesday, his third goal of the season, but he is yet to play in the Championship.

Sandro saw his move to Sporting Lisbon fall through in August, after he failed a medical, but Hasselbaink has been impressed with his commitment to the London club.

He said:

Sandro has got quality, we all know that. I have said after the window to Sandro that he will be judged and he will be treated like (the others). He wanted to go but he is still here.

He has conducted himself really well in training and he is pushing himself forward for a starting position. He played ever so well (against Sunderland), he was a leader, he was one of a number of players who had the right voice but also at the end he ran a little bit out of steam because he does not have enough games under his belt.

You can see how much work he has done in the first half and his intensity, how high that was. Second half that dropped a little bit but still he played well and I was very happy with his performance. I asked him to give me a very difficult selection for Saturday and that is what he has done.

– QPR manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Les Ferdinand responds to QPR managerial rumours

QPR director of football Les Ferdinand has poured cold water on speculation that manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink might be replaced by Tony Pulis.

Rumours suggested Pulis was moving to QPR with Hodgson joining West Brom. Credit: PA

Media reports have suggested that Pulis could be offered the opportunity to take over at the Championship outfit if he leaves West Brom.

Pulis' future with the Baggies has come under scrutiny in recent weeks and the 58-year-old Welshman was seen sitting next to Ferdinand during QPR's 6-0 home defeat to Newcastle on Tuesday.

However, Ferdinand has warned against reading anything into that, and insists Rangers are not looking to replace Hasselbaink.

Ferdinand said: "Tony Pulis came to the game the other night, which is a normal thing for a manager to do when his team aren't playing. I saw him and sat next to him. That's it.

"The result on Tuesday was obviously unacceptable but I can categorically say we are not looking to change manager and are not considering anyone else."

QPR slumped to 14th in the Championship following their thrashing at the hands of Newcastle - the Hoops' heaviest-ever home league defeat.

QPR confirm signing of Idrissa Sylla from Anderlecht

Sylla will be hoping to hit the ground running at Loftus Road. Credit: PA

QPR have signed Anderlecht striker Idrissa Sylla for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old, a Guinea international, has joined Rangers on a three-year deal and becomes boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's sixth summer signing.

Hasselbaink told the club's official website: "This is very good business for the club. He is very good in the air, and scores quite a lot of goals with his head. He is technically very good, and we feel he will add to the squad.

"We also feel there is a lot of improvement in him. He can get better and stronger."

Sylla added: "This is a very exciting move for me. I have always dreamt about playing football in England and the opportunity to join QPR was something that really appealed to me. I am pleased to be here and can't wait to get started."


FA investigate coin-throwing at Stoke and QPR

The Football Association has launched a fresh investigation into coin-throwing after alleged incidents at both Stoke and QPR on Saturday.

An FA spokesman told Press Association Sport on Sunday that the governing body was "aware and investigating" after reports from the Britannia Stadium and Loftus Road.

Jack Butland, allegedly, had something thrown at him. Credit: PA

An object was allegedly thrown at Stoke keeper Jack Butland during his side's 2-1 Premier League victory over Aston Villa, while QPR players celebrating Junior Hoilett's penalty during their 2-0 Sky Bet Championship win over Birmingham were apparently targetted from the stand housing visiting supporters.

Rangers launched their own investigation immediately after the game, and the visitors promised stern action against anyone found responsible.

Load more updates