Police say 32 people died or are presumed dead following a fire at a retirement home in Quebec. The fire at Residence du Havre in L'Isle Verte happened on Thursday. du Havre
A British woman has died in a snowmobile accident in Canada.
Charlotte Mei Ling Lee, 31, from Bristol, was with her boyfriend, Domynique Tamaire, who was also injured in the incident in Quebec.
Messages of support to Mr Tamaire have been left on Facebook.
One from Bon Rayment read: "I don't know what to say to you Dom as no words will make this tragedy any better but I wanted you to know that we are thinking of you and send you lots of love.
"I hope you make a speedy recovery from injuries. Thank you for making Charlotte so happy since she met you."
Another, from Annabel Stewart, said: "I'm so sorry she is gone as you made each other so happy. We are all thinking of you and sending you love."
A Foreign Office spokeswoman said it was aware of an incident on January 5th and was providing consular assistance.
Crude oil being transported by a train that derailed and exploded in Canada was mislabelled as a less dangerous product, Canadian officials have told the Associated Press.
The rail disaster killed 47 people and demolished part of the small town of Lac Megantic in the province of Quebec in July.
Investigators say the oil was labelled 'Group 3' instead of 'Group 2' which is used to designate liquids as explosive as petrol.
The Transportation Safety Board of Canada has issued new safety advice as a result of the findings.
Only one of the bodies recovered by emergency services in the Quebec rail disaster has been formally identified, according to police.
Police inspector Michel Forget said the families of those missing had all now been informed that their loved ones were presumed dead.
Now we are standing here with a number of 50 persons that we are considering most probably dead in this tragedy.
We informed them of the potential loss of their loved ones. You have to understand that it's a very emotional moment, and our thoughts are with these families.
Canadian police have told the families of the 30 people still missing in Quebec train crash that all are now presumed dead.
Canadian police have say they have recovered 20 bodies from the Quebec train disaster, Reuters reports.
The number of people dead, or missing now stands at 50, a lower total than earlier estimates.
The number of people dead or missing after an oil-tanker train exploded in the Quebec town of Lac-Megantic has risen to 60 from 50, police said today.
None of the 15 bodies they have found has been identified and few residents hold out hope that any of the missing will be found alive.
Some 200 investigators are sifting through the wreckage of the explosion, which left giant fuel carriages upturned and forced the evacuation of some 2,000 of the town's residents.
Edward Burkhardt, the CEO of Rail World Inc, has said that an employee of the company suspected of failing to engage the brakes of a runaway train has been suspended without pay.
On his first visit to the small Canadian town of Lac-Mégantic, where the blast occurred, Mr Burkhardt said it looked "like a war zone".
He also said he believes "there was no sabotage" to the train - something he is reported to have alleged earlier.
The head of a Canadian train company has said that one of its engineers is "under investigation" after a runaway fuel train derailed in a town in Quebec causing a fatal blast.
The official said the employee had a clear safety record before the incident, but added: "I think he did something wrong".
He appeared to contest the engineer's claim that he had applied 11 handbrakes.
Canadian police said it was unclear if the inquiry into the Quebec train crash will lead to criminal charges and added that no arrests had been made so far.