"All there is in my work space is two iPads, Siri voice recognition and a helmet like Tony Stark in the Iron Man movies," says test pilot.
Watch as an RAF parachutist misses his drop zone at an air show in Weston-super-mare and lands on a burger van.
In the second part of his report, Alastair examines the flying school's spiritual nature and receives a memento very close to his heart.
The bodies of five service personnel who were killed when their helicopter crashed in Afghanistan will be returned back to the United Kingdom later today.
Captain Thomas Clarke, Warrant Officer Spencer Faulkner and Corporal James Walters, all of the Army Air Corps (AAC), were serving as the Lynx aircraft's three-man team when they died.
They lost their lives together with Flight Lieutenant Rakesh Chauhan of the Royal Air Force and Lance Corporal Oliver Thomas of the Intelligence Corps, who were believed to have been passengers on the flight.
Their helicopter went down in Kandahar province, 30 miles from the border with Pakistan, on the morning of April 26.
The Ministry of Defence says Typhoon jets were scrambled when Russian aircraft came close to UK airspace have now returned to their base.
The RAF jets were put on alert earlier today.
It's not an entirely unusual occurrence however. British jets have been scrambled in a similar way around eight times in the last year.
The father of a Red Arrows pilot killed after he ejected from his aircraft while on the ground has paid an emotional tribute to him as an inquest into his death drew to a close.
Flight Lieutenant Sean Cunningham, 35, was killed after he was ejected from his Hawk T1 aircraft while on the ground at RAF Scampton and propelled 220ft in the air in November 2011.
Speaking after the narrative verdict was delivered, Jim Cunningham said: "Our son Sean died aged 35 doing what he loved, which was flying with the Red Arrows.
"From the age of 17, he had wanted nothing more than to join the Royal Air Force and serve his country, which he did with utmost pride and sense of duty. He served a number of tours in Iraq flying Tornados in close air support of coalition forces.
"Sean's death was a tragedy which we hope the evidence revealed in this inquest will help to avoid in the future. We welcome the conclusions of the coroner, which confirm what we knew all along, which is that Sean was blameless and his tragic death was preventable.
The inquest heard that the ejection seat firing handle had been left in an unsafe position, meaning it could accidentally activate the seat.
Mr Fisher described a safety pin that goes through the firing handle as "entirely useless" and said its presence was "likely to mislead".
There were 19 checks carried out on the Hawk T1 between the final flight on November 4 and the incident.
The coroner said there was a repeated failure not to notice that the pin had been incorrectly housed and that the seat firing handle was in an unsafe position.
However, he said tests had showed that the pin could be inserted into the MK 10 seat even when it was in an unsafe position, giving the impression to RAF personnel that the seat was safe.
The coroner also said that Martin Baker was aware of issues with the over-tightening of crucial nuts and bolts in the mechanism of the seat which would cause the main parachute not to deploy properly.
However despite being aware of these issues since 1990, Martin Baker failed to pass on the warnings to the Ministry of Defence, the coroner said.
Mr Fisher said that, on the day of the incident, a shackle jammed and stopped the main parachute from opening and Flt Lt Cunningham being separated from the seat.
The coroner investigating the death of a Red Arrows pilot has branded part of the ejection seat on Sean Cunningham's plane as "entirely useless".
Cunningham was 35-years-old when he died in November 2011 from multiple injuries when he was catapulted nearly 300 feet into the air from his Hawk T1 aircraft, and then fell to the ground still strapped to his ejector seat.
Coroner Stuart Fisher said seven RAF personnel had 19 opportunities to check the ejection seat firing handle, but did not notice it was in the unsafe position.
He said "repeated failure to notice this" could only be due to the checks "not being done at all or not done sufficiently carefully by each individual".
An airman whose bomber crashed into a swamp in Nazi Germany may finally receive a proper funeral, more than 70 years after his death.
Sergeant Roland Hill, 32, was a flight engineer on a Halifax bomber which was brought down over Germany in August 1943.
The airman, of 158 Squadron, died in the crash along with the rest of the seven-man crew. His body may now finally be removed from the murky waters north of Berlin allowing his funeral to take place.
The crash site was discovered in 2002 but German archaeologists have only just been given permission from authorities to excavate the site.
Until now, the only memorial to Sgt Hill has been an inscription of his name on the RAF's Runnymede Memorial in Surrey.
The last of the Royal Navy's six new powerful air defence destroyers has entered service four months ahead of schedule.
HMS Duncan, a Type 45 destroyer, has now joined the fleet alongside its sister ships and will now embark on a programme of trials to prepare the ship and crew for operational deployment.
The 7,500-tonne vessel is armed with the Sea Viper missile defence system which can target threats up to 70 miles away.
The onboard power plant on a Type 45 can supply enough electricity to light a town of 80,000 people.
Details have emerged of dramatic scenes surrounding the evacuation of Britons from South Sudan in which an RAF plane was forced to perform a "daring, precision landing".
An RAF C17 Globemaster transport plane, which had completed a nine-hour, 3,500-mile journey from Brize Norton air base in Oxfordshire, arrived yesterday to find the runway at Juba airport blocked by a stricken Sudanese jet.
Briton Dave Stanley, who was waiting for evacuation, said the nose undercarriage of the Boeing 737 appeared to have collapsed with the sound of an explosion as it landed shortly before the RAF aircraft's arrival.
UK nationals, who had gathered at the airport after days of escalating gunfire in the South Sudanese capital, saw the plane which was supposed to take them to safety circling above them, and were told at one point that it would have to call its mission off and return the following day.
But Mr Stanley explained a crane was found at the last minute, which was used to tow the stranded jet off the runway.
Wing Commander Stuart Lindsell, said:"We practise short landings in training but getting down on a runway with a crashed aircraft taking up a large part of it would really concentrate the mind and is way outside what we would normally expect.
"I think it's fair to say that this C17 captain and his crew have had one of the toughest days anyone on this squadron has had since we were stood up 12 years ago."
The pilot who flew the RAF C-17 cargo plane from where it was refuelled in Singapore to the Philippines said the crew were "the envy of the squadron" being selected to bring the first aircraft in.
Squadron Leader David Blakemore said, "Hopefully there will be a few more missions and we'll be able to support the Philippine people over the coming weeks with the aid effort".
"The RAF and MoD [Ministry of Defence] are extremely proud to be taking part in the aid effort", he continued.
"The rapid response capability that the C-17 brings is the heavy lift. This is really our bread and butter to be able to help out a nation in need".