Two men collapsed within hours of one another after taking a potentially dangerous legal high called 'Annihilation', police have warned.Read the full story ›
A 15-year-old boy who went missing after telling his sister he was going for a walk by a canal has been found.
Dylan Winnie was discovered safe and well, Greater Manchester Police confirmed.
Winnie, from Rochdale, had last been seen at 4.45pm on Thursday.
Police are becoming "increasingly concerned" for the welfare of Dylan Winnie, from Rochdale, who was last seen at 4.45pm on Thursday.Read the full story ›
Ten men who committed sexual offences against teenage girls in Rochdale have been jailed for a total of more than 120 years.
Nine men were sentenced on Friday, and another last year, for offences committed over a five-year period.
One of their victims has told ITV News that others in such situations must find the courage to speak out.
ITV News North of England Correspondent Damon Green reports from the court in Manchester:
A victim of one of the Rochdale 10 sentenced to more than 125 years for sex offences against teenagers and young women said that exploitation "is going on everywhere".
When asked whether she thought that there were still teenage girls being exploited in Rochdale, she told ITV News: "More than likely, probably, it's going on everywhere. I think it goes on in Oldham as well just as much as Rochdale."
She was 15 when she was exploited by one of the men who was sentenced to 23 years in prison for offences against her and two others. He cannot be named for legal reasons.
He was always there for me when you needed him, until you get a bit wise and you realise it's just use and abuse.
A lot of girls don't see it. Sometimes they make you feel like you're on top of the world and then, all of a sudden they just drop you.
Police and prosecutors have commended victims of sexual exploitation at the hands of 10 men for their courage and bravery in coming forward.Read the full story ›
The main victim of sexual grooming carried out by 10 men in Rochdale reported it to police after watching TV reports of a trial in 2012.Read the full story ›
Ten men have been jailed for more than 125 years for sexual offences against a vulnerable teenager in Rochdale that spanned five years.Read the full story ›
A man has been charged with the murder of an imam found with fatal head injuries in Rochdale.
Jalal Uddin was found with serious injuries in a child's play area in the town, within Greater Manchester.
The 64-year-old was taken to hospital but died a short time later.
Mohammed Hussain Syeedy, 21, of Ramsay Street, Rochdale, has been charged with murder and conspiracy to commit murder, Greater Manchester Police said.
He will appear at Bury Magistrates Court on Monday.
A 17-year-old boy previously arrested on suspicion of murder is on bail until April 20.
A man arrested after an Imam was brutally attacked while walking home from a mosque, has been released by murder squad detectives.
Jalal Uddin died in hospital from serious head injuries after being assaulted in a children's playground in Rochdale on Thursday night.
A 31-year-old man arrested on Friday on suspicion of murder has now been released without charge and eliminated from police inquiries.
Detectives say a racist motive for the murder has not been ruled out but they are keeping an "open mind".
Following extensive analysis of CCTV in the area, we now know that Jalal walked into the park from the South Street entrance at 8.41pm. He was then found injured seven minutes later by a passing member of the public.
Local religious leaders have called for calm, asked police be allowed to do their work and for locals not to speculate what prompted the attack.