The Duke of Edinburgh has arrived in Canada where he will present a regiment with a new ceremonial flag.
Today, Prince Philip will present new colours as colonel-in-chief to the 3rd Battalion, The Royal Canadian Regiment in Toronto.
Philip, 91, will return to England on Sunday.
Those who are hoping to attend Buckingham Palace gardens next summer to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Queen's Coronation will have to pay up to £90 for a ticket, it has been revealed.
As many as 60,000 people are expected to attend the four-day Coronation Festival between 11 and 14 July next year.
The event will showcase more than 200 of brands who have supplied goods or services for at least five years to the Households of The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh or The Prince of Wales.
Several photographs showing a day in the life of the Duke of Cambridge's work as a helicopter search and rescue pilot had to be hastily removed from his website today amid fears they breached security.
The behind-the-scenes photos were aimed at showing William's daily routine at RAF Valley in Anglesey.They were released as exclusive content on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's website, which features contributions from The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall.
A Scotland Yard investigation has been launched after a policeman believed to be guarding the home of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge accidentally discharged a gun while sitting in an unmarked car.
Nobody was injured when the officer, who was sitting in the vehicle with another policeman, let off the shot while on duty in north Wales last week.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Shortly before 1pm on Wednesday October 24 an on-duty MPS police officer unintentionally discharged a firearm while in an unmarked police vehicle.
"The round damaged the floor of the vehicle. Another on-duty officer was in the vehicle at the time of the incident. Neither officer was injured.
"The officers were on duty in north Wales at the time."
Both the officers are attached to Specialist Operations, the Met said.
The spokesman said the Met's Directorate of Professional Standards has been informed of the incident and the officer concerned has been removed from firearms duty pending the outcome of inquiries.