Ronnie O'Sullivan could be set for a fine after playing with no shoes on for some of his 2015 World Snooker Championship opener against qualifier Craig Steadman on Tuesday.
In terms of the scoreline, five-time champion O'Sullivan enjoyed a relatively comfortable time of it, emerging from the first session of the encounter - that had begun with him making a century break - with a 7-2 lead over Crucible debutant Steadman.
But the world number two, who suffered a broken ankle towards the end of last year, appeared in discomfort due to his footwear at one point and opted to remove his shoes, briefly playing on in his socks.
He subsequently borrowed a pair of shoes from tournament director Mike Ganley and put them on, but the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association are looking into the matter to consider whether it constitutes a breach of its rules about members' dress code, which could see O'Sullivan handed a fine.
Ronnie O'Sullivan became snooker's most prolific century-maker as he cruised into the semi-finals of the Masters.
The five-time world champion eclipsed the record of Stephen Hendry as he reached his 776th career ton in the first frame of a convincing 6-1 win over Marco Fu at London's Alexandra Palace.
Ronnie O'Sullivan is set to begin his UK Championship campaign on Thursday, despite suffering a nasty ankle injury.
O'Sullivan is targeting a fifth victory in the tournament, which he first won as a 17-year-old in 1993, but a mishap which running in Essex this week means he will not go into the York event in the best physical shape.
The 38-year-old posted a picture on Twitter of him resting up his left ankle, which was severely swollen, adding the note: "Might be one legged Snooker at the #UKChampionship on Thursday."
However tournament organiser World Snooker has confirmed O'Sullivan "intends to play" his first-round match against Daniel Wells.
Disgraced snooker player Stephen Lee has been fined £1,815 after admitting a charge of fraud relating to his personal cue.
The court was told Lee, who was once ranked number five in the world, arranged to sell his personal £1,600 snooker cue to a fan through his Facebook page.
But although the man, who is based in Hong Kong, paid the money into Lee's wife's bank account, the cue was never sent - and Lee continued to play with it.
Snooker player Stephen Lee has been charged with fraud in relation to the sale of a snooker cue.
The 39-year-old, once ranked number 5 in the world, will appear before magistrates in Swindon on May 28th.
Mark Selby has won the World Snooker Championship title, beating five-time champion Ronnie O'Sullivan 18-14 in the final at the Crucible in Sheffield.
Mr Selby, known as "Jester from Leicester," came back from 10-7 down to lead 12-11 in the best of 35 frames final.
The 2007 runner-up held his nerve throughout his comeback, denying the five-times champion his chance to win the title for the third year running.
"It couldn't be better. You want to win it with Ronnie in the tournament and there's no better way than playing him in the final," Mr Selby told BBC.
World snooker champion Ronnie O'Sullivan has claimed he was offered £20,000 to fix a league match.
The 37-year-old said the financial proposal was put to him 10 years ago by a person he knew.
"Someone rang me and said he'd like to meet me over in the forest and have a walk through the woods. I knew the fella, and it was someone you don't want to mess around with," O'Sullivan writes in his new autobiography, Running.
O'Sullivan says the man told him: "We've got people who can put big bets on. If you lose this frame and this frame we can get enough on it to make some money."
Former world number five Stephen Lee last month received a 12-year ban for seven match-fixing offences.
Snooker player Stephen Lee maintained his innocence after being handed a lengthy ban for match-fixing.
"I'm absolutely devastated. I've done nothing wrong and I'm totally innocent," Lee told reporters.
Lee has always denied the allegations, which relate to seven matches played in 2008 and 2009, and said he was confident of winning an appeal.
Snooker authorities have described it as "the worst case of snooker corruption we've seen".
World Snooker's head of disciplinary Nigel Mawer said banned player Stephen Lee had "thrown away" a successful career: