The families of six soldiers unlawfully killed in Afghanistan have paid tribute to them.
Soldiers fighting on the frontline in Afghanistan are bidding to play the highest rugby match on Earth when they trek to Everest base camp.
Mourners lined the streets of Carterton to salute the bodies of three British servicemen killed in Afghanistan.
Mark Scoular, a police officer and ex-Royal Marine who founded Commando 999, said that the Marines would not let the bad weather hamper their marathon challenge over Remembrance weekend.
"It is wet, but we will all be cheery and absolutely fine, I'm sure. It will be a good old pace but we are all looking forward to it."
The Court of Appeal ruled in October that soldiers' relatives could claim for damages for negligence, but appeal judges said that they could not make damages claims under human rights legislation.
Relatives' lawyers took the fight to the Supreme Court, which will analyse the issue next year.
– Supreme Court spokesman
The appeal will be heard in the week of Monday February 18 and the hearing is expected to last up to three days.
Seven justices will hear the appeal. Judgment is expected to be reserved.
Relatives of soldiers killed fighting in Iraq are likely to find out next year whether they can make damages claims against the Government, using human rights legislation.
A Supreme Court spokesman today said a hearing was scheduled to start in February, where Supreme Court justices will hear arguments in the wake of rulings by the High Court and Court of Appeal.
Britain's highest court is to debate whether soldiers in battle have the right to life, it was reported tonight.
The Supreme Court will investigate circumstances surrounding the death of Private Phillip Hewett in Iraq in July 2005 and examine whether troops in war zones are covered by Article 2 of the European Convention on Human Rights, which protects the right to life, The Independent said.
Private Hewett's mother Sue Smith has fought for justice since the 21-year-old was blown up with two colleagues from the Staffordshire Regiment in a roadside bomb attack on their armoured Snatch Land Rover.
In October the lower Court of Appeal ruled that relatives of soldiers who had been killed in action could pursue claims on negligence grounds - but not make damages claims under human rights legislation.
The judges accepted the Government's assertion that the battlefield was beyond the reach of litigation but the families' lawyers said the fight would go on and they would take the human rights battle to the Supreme Court.
Members of military families will join Labour MP Paul Flynn at today's ceremony, who was suspended from parliament over comments he made about the conflict in Afghanistan.
– Labour MP Paul Flynn
We are fighting an unwinnable war of occupation and the sooner we follow our former coalition partners in withdrawing from the country the better. Unfortunately successive governments have failed to realise this and continue putting the lives of our soldiers at risk, repeating the tired mantra that they are reducing the threat of terrorism in the UK in doing so.
About 500 British troops are due to return home by the end of this year, leaving a further 9,000 to return by the end of 2014.
The number of members of UK forces to have died since operations began in October 2001 now stands at 433, and the US toll has now hit 2,000.
Anti-war activists will hold a "naming the dead" ceremony today as part of their campaign to bring British troops home from Afghanistan.
MPs will join the event in central London, after which members of military families will deliver a letter to the Prime Minister calling on him to bring the troops home by Christmas. It is signed by 19 members of families who have or have had loved ones in Afghanistan.
The event comes on the 11th anniversary of the start of the war in Afghanistan.
A teenager will appear in court after making comments on Facebook about the deaths of six British soldiers in Afghanistan last week.
Azhar Ahmed has been charged with a racially aggravated public order offence after bemoaning the the level of media attention the soldiers who died received.
His spokesman said:
"He didn't make his point very well and that is why he has landed himself in bother."
He has been bailed to an address outside the UK and will appear at Dewsbury Magistrates' court on March 20th.