Campaigners who want a public inquiry into the "brutality of policing" at the 1984 Orgreave miners' picket have staged a demonstration in London ahead of a meeting with Home Secretary Amber Rudd.
They were joined by Jeremy Corbyn, shadow home secretary Andy Burnham, and veteran Labour MP Dennis Skinner, who said an inquiry would reveal that "what we suspected at the time is true".
A spokesman for the Orgreave Truth and Justice Campaign (OTJC) said they hope meeting Rudd would "reinforce the case for a public inquiry into the brutality of the policing of pickets".
Margaret Aspinall, whose son died at Hillsborough, said: "If the truth about Orgreave had come out right away I don't believe Hillsborough would have happened."
Four-year-old Luca was taken to the fire station by his mother where cutters were used to free him from the plastic seat.Read the full story ›
Sir Cliff Richard alleges that the BBC and South Yorkshire Police "colluded" prior to a search of his property which was broadcast on TV.Read the full story ›
A new interim chief constable of South Yorkshire Police has been appointed in the wake of the Hillsborough disaster inquest findings.
Dave Jones - the current chief constable of North Yorkshire - was appointed to run the force on a temporary basis, South Yorkshire's police and crime commissioner Alan Billings has announced.
Dr Billings suspended the current chief constable David Crompton following the outcome of Hillsborough inquests last week, where a jury ruled the 96 victims of the stadium crush were "unlawfully killed".
For the full story, click here.
A man has died after the car he was in plunged into a river from a motorway near Doncaster on Monday.Read the full story ›
The Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police steps down over the force's handling of the Rotherham child sexual exploitation scandal.Read the full story ›
A man was today fighting for life after suffering serious injuries in a dog attack at a house in Sheffield.Read the full story ›
An 80-year-old man left with horrific injuries after invaders robbed him of his life savings remains in a serious condition, police say.Read the full story ›
Family of boy, 7, who died on construction site attack claims he was allowed to go to a park without an adult.Read the full story ›
There were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of 7-year-old Barnsley boy Conley Thompson, police have said following a post-mortem.
Police said they would now focus on how Thompson accessed the construction site where he slipped into a pipe and died.
The results of the post mortem suggest that Conley had, by some means, entered a vertical pipe on a nearby construction site and was unable to get out.
Conley's weight caused him to fall further into the pipe and pushed his clothing up around his body restricting his breathing.
There is no suggestion of any third party involvement.
Our job is to now piece together Conley's movements on Sunday evening and establish how he accessed the construction site.
Forming part of that investigation we will continue to work with the Health and Safety Executive and our thoughts remain with the family and friends of Conley at this extremely difficult time.