England's Rugby World Cup training squad for their Colorado training camp has been reduced from 50 to 45, with Stephen Myler, Elliot Daly, Maro Itoje and Ed Slater returning to their clubs on standby and Nick Easter remaining at Harlequins for treatment on a sore back, the Rugby Football Union has announced.
England's opening World Cup match against Fiji, and every other game throughout the tournament, will be broadcast live on ITV and ITV4.
England's World Cup opponents released a spoof documentary in which players can be seen making statements like "we suck, plain and simple".Read the full story ›
Ed Warner says if he was a close friend of Mo Farah's he would advise the Olympic champion to suspend his relationship with Alberto SalazarRead the full story ›
Harlem Globetrotters legend Haynes has been hailed as "a pioneer" who helped "set the tone for modern basketball", following his death.Read the full story ›
Sam Burgess has been named in England's 50-man World Cup training squad which will be whittled down to 31 in late AugustRead the full story ›
A late mechanical proved costly for Team Sky's Richie Porte as Nicola Boem (Bardiani-CSF) won stage 10 of the Giro d'Italia on Tuesday.
Boem was part of the breakaway which held off the charging peloton in the finale of the 200-kilometres route from Civitanova Marche to Forli.
Alberto Contador (Tinkoff-Saxo) enjoyed an uneventful day to retain the overall leader's pink jersey, with Porte's bid for the maglia rosa hindered by a mishap with around 5km to go.
The Australian, who began the day 22 seconds behind in third, suffered a late and costly mechanical, losing 47 seconds to the Spaniard to slip to fourth.
Porte now trails Contador by one minute nine seconds overall, with Fabio Aru (Astana) the nearest challenger, three seconds behind.
Kevin Pietersen could yet play for England again if he continues scoring runs, according to batsman Ian BellRead the full story ›
Cricket Australia has commissioned an independent review into the death of former Australia batsman Phillip Hughes, who died after being struck by a cricket ball.
The 25-year-old died in November two days after being hit on the neck by a delivery during a Sheffield Shield match at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
CA chief executive James Sutherland said in a statement:
When this tragedy happened, I said that it was a freak accident, but it was one freak accident too many.
Never again do we want to see something like that happen on a cricket field.We have a deep responsibility and obligation to look into the events of that awful day to understand everything that occurred and then see what could be done to prevent a similar accident happening in the future.
This is not an exercise designed to apportion blame on any individual for what took place. It is about making sure that as a sport we are doing everything in our power to prevent an accident of this nature happening again.
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has been banned for four games and the club have been fined one million US dollars for the use of under-inflated footballs in last season's AFC Championship game.
The NFL had been investigating reports that the Patriots, who went on to win the Super Bowl, purposefully sabotaged the balls during the first half of their game against the Indianapolis Colts in January, a controversy that was dubbed "deflategate".
And last week an independent report revealed Brady was "at least generally aware" that under-inflated balls were used during the clash, won 45-7 by the Patriots.
The the NFL announced on Monday that Brady will miss four games without pay and the club will be fined one million US dollars as well as losing their first-round draft pick in 2016 and fourth-round pick in 2017.
Brady's agent Don Yee reacted angrily, claiming: "The discipline is ridiculous and has no legitimate basis and we will appeal."
Patriots owner Robert Kraft added: "This punishment far exceeded any reasonable expectation. Tom Brady has our unconditional support. Our belief in him has not wavered."
Stuart Bingham has revealed how a casual jibe from Northern Irish cueman Mark Allen spurred him to become world champion.
Allen claimed in 2011 that Bingham had "no bottle", but it came back to haunt the Antrim man when he lost to the Basildon potter at the Australian Goldfields Open that year.
Bingham went on to claim that title, his first major victory after over ten barren years as a professional, and the 38-year-old has gone from strength to strength, adding another major trophy at the Shanghai Masters this season and now the World Championship.
I've got to give thanks to Mark Allen. He got my back up that week in Australia by saying I had no bottle, but since then that's all changed.
I'm world champion but I'm going to be the same person, I'll be playing in all the tournaments and hopefully I'll be a good role model as world champion.
Any kids out there growing up wanting to play should stick at it. That's what I've done.