Live updates

Spurs defender set for £5m Swansea move

Kyle Naughton is set to miss Tottenham's Capital One Cup semi-final against boyhood club Sheffield United as a move to Swansea edges closer.

The 26-year-old full-back came through the ranks at Bramall Lane, making 50 appearances for the Blades before moving to north London in 2009.

Kyle Naughton is set for Wales. Credit: PA

Naughton arrived at White Hart Lane at the same time as Kyle Walker, although has struggled to make the same impact as the England right-back.

He is now understood to be closing in on a move to Swansea, with a fee, reported to be £5million, having been agreed with the south Wales club.

Spurs head coach Mauricio Pochettino was coy about Naughton's future on Tuesday - "I can't tell you any news or any comment," he said - but suggested that his exit would be the exception rather than the rule.

Swansea agree £5m deal with Spurs for defender

Naughton is heading to Swansea. Credit: PA

Kyle Naughton will complete a £5m transfer from Spurs to Swansea this week, according to the Mirror.

A fee for the full back has been agreed and he will travel to South Wales to undergo his medical in the next 48 hours.

Naughton joined Spurs from Sheffield United in 2009, but has never managed to hold down a regular first team starting spot.

Advertisement

Spurs representatives in Milan to sign striker

Spurs are working on a deal to sign Italian international Simone Zaza. Credit: PA

Spurs have sent representatives to a Milan hotel where they are ironing out a deal for Sassuolo striker Simone Zaza, according to reports in Italy.

Any transfer for the 23 year-old will need to be rubber stamped by Serie A giants Juventus, who retained 50% of Zaza's economic rights after selling him to Sassuolo in 2013.

According to Tuttosport, Juventus have the right to bring Zaza back to the club for £11m, but will not stand in Tottenham's way if the Premier League side table a better offer.

Mauricio Pochettino is keen to bolster his forward line this month and take some of the pressure of youngster Harry Kane.

Spurs in 'advanced discussions' over former Arsenal and Chelsea midfielder Diarra

Diarra has played for Tottenham's London rivals, Spurs and Chelsea. Credit: PA

Spurs are in "advanced discussions" about signing former Arsenal and Chelsea utility man Lassana Diarra, according to L'Equipe.

The midfielder is currently a free agent after having his contract with Lokomotiv Moscow terminated for refusing to train following a bust-up with manager Leonid Kuchuk.

L'Equipe claim that Mauricio Pochettino has identified the 29 year-old former French international as someone capable of playing in central midfield and as a right sided full back, where Kyle Walker's continued absence through injury has forced the Argentine to look for cover.

Diarra has also attracted interest from Marseille, and was close to joining QPR during the summer window, only for a contractual dispute with Lokomotiv to scupper the deal.

Podolski claims 'hell will freeze over' before he joins Spurs

Podolski will not be joining Arsenal's London rivals, Spurs. Credit: PA

Lukas Podolski has denied rumours linking him with a £10m move to Arsenal's North London rivals Spurs by suggesting "hell will freeze over" before it happens.

Responding to a rumour published by the BBC earlier on Monday, the German international used his Twitter account to make it clear he won't be moving to White Hart Lane.

Advertisement

Court appearance delayed for Spurs fan attackers

The court appearance of two Italians charged with attempted murder after an attack on Tottenham fans in Rome has been delayed until tomorrow, police said.

The Drunken Ship pub in the aftermath of the attack. Credit: Press Association

At least 11 Spurs fans were injured in the attack at 1am on Thursday as up to 50 hooligans stormed the Drunken Ship pub armed with knuckle dusters, baseball bats, knives and broke bottles.

Essex builder Ashley Mills, 25, was most seriously injured, sustaining stab wounds to his leg and head.

The Drunken Ship pub in central Rome the morning after Spurs fans were injured. Credit: Press Association

Italian FA chief condemns 'disgraceful attack'

The President of the Italian Football Association has apologised to the English FA following a "disgraceful attack" on Tottenham fans in Rome. FIGC President Giancarlo Abete condemned the violence:

Once again, football has given a handful of delinquents the excuse to take out their racist and anti-semite anger. There is evidence of this undoubted motive, which is detrimental to the image of Italian football and doesn't match with the traditional hospitality and welcome of the city of Rome.

The city authorities and I publicly express our firm condemnation, with my personal indignation at these events. I beg you to send our apologies to all Tottenham's fans - and in particular to those families directly involved. I will personally follow the investigation's development and remain at your disposal should my assistance in any further matters be required.

– FIGC statement
Load more updates