Former Australia captain Steve Smith and Cameron Bancroft will not be appealing against their bans from the game.
Smith was banned along with vice-captain David Warner for their part in ball-tampering during the recent Test series in South Africa.
Batsman Bancroft was banned for nine months following a Cricket Australia investigation which revealed he had used sandpaper to try to alter the condition of the ball during the third Test at Cape Town.
There had been reports of a possible appeal by the players against the bans but Smith has said on Twitter he will not seek to have the sanction reduced.
Former Australia vice-captain has taken "full responsibility" after he plotted to tamper with the ball during match against South Africa.Read the full story ›
Steve Smith and David Warner have been banned for 12 months over the Australia ball-tampering scandal.
Cameron Bancroft, the batsman who was caught on camera attempting to use tape and dirt to change the condition of the ball during the third Test against South Africa, has been banned for nine months.
The severe punishments were confirmed by Cricket Australia on Wednesday.
CA chairman, David Peever said: "The CA board understands and shares the anger of fans and the broader Australian community about these events.
"They go to the integrity and reputation of Australian Cricket and Australian sport and the penalties must reflect that.
"These are significant penalties for professional players and the board does not impose them lightly. It is hoped that following a period of suspension, the players will be able to return to playing the game they love and eventually rebuild their careers."
Smith and Bancroft gave a press conference after the third day's play, on Saturday, where they admitted a premeditated attempt to tamper with the ball.
CA chief executive James Sutherland announced on Tuesday that the pair, and vice-captain Warner, would be sent home but the investigation concluded that no-one else, including coach Darren Lehmann, was involved.
Matt Renshaw, Glenn Maxwell and Joe Burns have been called up as replacements ahead of the fourth and final Test in Johannesburg.
Cricket Australia's chief executive is due to arrive in Johannesburg for crisis talks as the row over ball-tampering continuesRead the full story ›
Australia captain Steve Smith has stood down as skipper of the Rajasthan Royals as the furore surrounding cricket's latest ball-tampering row deepens.
Smith said he had taken the decision "in the best interest" of the Indian Premier League franchise ahead of the new season, which starts next week.
The 28-year-old's future as leader of the national team is also under intense scrutiny as investigations continue into events during Australia's third Test defeat against South Africa in Cape Town.
Smith has already been banned from the fourth Test, which begins on Friday, by the International Cricket Council after admitting trying to change the condition of the ball.
The scandal came to light on Saturday after Cameron Bancroft was caught on camera hiding sticky tape, which he had used to manipulate the ball with debris from the pitch, down his trousers.
Royals head of cricket Zubin Bharucha said: "The incident in Cape Town has certainly disturbed the cricket world.
"Steve believes given the current circumstances, 'It's in the best interest of the Rajasthan Royals that he steps down as captain so the team can get ready for the start of the IPL without the ongoing distractions'."
Co-owner Manoj Badale said: "Rajasthan Royals will do everything possible to protect the values and the integrity of the game.
"We agree with Steve's decision to step down as captain, and we are fortunate to have such a capable successor with Ajinkya Rahane.
Australia captain Steve Smith believes his current crop of pace bowlers are 'nastier' than former team-mate Mitchell Johnson.Read the full story ›