A Lithuanian builder accused of murdering a couple will make his first crown court appearance today.
Viktoras Bruzas, 38, faces two counts of murder after Patrick and Gillian Kettyle, who were in their 50s, were found dead at their home in Fetcham in Surrey shortly after midnight on Thursday.
Police said they had suffered stab wounds.
Bruzas,from Walton-on-Thames, appeared at South East Surrey Magistrates' Court in Redhill on Saturday, speaking only to confirm his age and address.
He was remanded in custody ahead of his appearance before Guildford Crown Court today.
A man in his 30s has been charged with two counts of murder after a man and a woman died at a property in Fetcham earlier this week.
Although formal identification has not yet taken place, the victims are believed to be Patrick and Gillian Kettyle, a married couple who lived at the property.
Viktoras Bruzas, 38, from Walton-on-Thames has been charged with murder. He is due to appear at South East Surrey Magistrates Court in Redhill tomorrow.
Another man in his 30s who was arrested on Thursday morning at a property in Walton-on-Thames on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder has now been released with no further action taken against him.
An American man has been sentenced to life in prison after travelling to the UK in a bid to murder a woman he met through online gaming.Read the full story ›
An elderly dog breeder is likely to die in jail after he was sentenced to at least 25 years for shooting his partner and her daughter dead at his puppy farm.
John Lowe, 82, was found guilty of murdering 66-year-old Christine Lee and her daughter Lucy Lee, 40, with his shotgun at his home near Farnham, Surrey, in February.
Sentencing Lowe at Guildford Crown Court, Mr Justice Singh praised the "extraordinary courage" of Lucy Lee after she returned to face her killer following a frantic 999 call on the day of the shootings.
Lowe, flanked by three security officers, winked at his supporters in the public gallery as he was led from the dock.
An elderly dog breeder who was found guilty of murdering his partner and her daughter at his puppy farm in Surrey is to be sentenced later.
John Lowe, 82, used a shotgun to kill Christine Lee, murdering the 66-year-old and her daughter Lucy, 40, at his home near Farnham, Surrey, in February. In court it emerged the weapon had previously been seized by Surrey Police, but was later returned.
The force apologised to the family after the weapons were confiscated in March last year following an allegation that threats to kill had been made, but were returned to Lowe four months later.
A dog breeder has been found guilty of murdering his partner and her daughter at his puppy farm in Surrey.
John Lowe used a shotgun to kill Christine Lee before shooting her daughter Lucy.
In court it emerged the weapon had previously been seized by Surrey Police, but was later returned.
ITV News' Martha Fairlie reports:
An elderly dog breeder has been found guilty of murdering his partner and her daughter at his puppy farm in Surrey.
John Lowe, 82, blasted 66-year-old Christine Lee and her daughter Lucy Lee, 40, with a shotgun he normally used for killing rats at his property near Farnham, Surrey, in February.
He had told his trial at Guildford Crown Court that their deaths were "a terrible accident" after a struggle over the gun as he went to destroy some dogs.
But the jury of six men and six women convicted him of their murders after hearing that, following his arrest, he told the police he had "put down" the women.
They also heard that Lucy made a "desperate" 999 call to police saying that Lowe had killed her mother before telling the operator that she was going back to confront him.
She was then shot twice, with Lowe reloading the .410 calibre double-barrelled weapon between shots. Lowe, who listened to proceedings through a hearing loop, remained stoic as the verdicts were given.
82-year-old John Lowe has been convicted at Guildford Crown Court of murdering his 66-year-old partner Christine Lee and her daughter Lucy Lee at his puppy farm in Surrey.
The Medical Defence Union has released a statement on behalf of consultant urologist Paul Miller who was dismissed by Surrey & Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust.
The trust has commissioned a review into the care of more than 1,000 of Mr Miller's former patients.
I am extremely disappointed that the trust has decided to dismiss me. I strongly do not believe that this is justified.
I welcome the opportunity to co-operate with any investigation into my practice.
My priority as a consultant for the last 21 years has always been to protect patients’ best interests and safety.
I cannot comment further due to my duty of patient confidentiality.
A private hospital in Surrey says it is "reviewing the notes" of any cancer patients treated by a former consultant urologist after he was dismissed.
Spire Gatwick Park Hospital suspended Paul Miller in December last year. This was only one of the hospitals where he worked.