Greenpeace UK executive director John Sauven has said that it has been clear for many years that "climate change loads the dice in favour of more frequent extreme weather events like floods."
Mr Sauven said that the "Government's own experts are making the link" meaning that the "the climate-sceptic quacks at the heart of David Cameron's Cabinet have nowhere left to hide".
He said: "Far from being an eccentric intellectual quirk, climate change denial is a grave risk to the future well-being and security of the people of Britain."
He said that the Government's failure to invest in making Britain more resilient to the impacts of climate change is a "grave blunder that should trigger immediate questions about the competence of the ministers in charge".
The martial arts club which Zane Gbangbola attended has issued a statement on its website confirming the 7-year-old's death.
Many of you will know him and his parents and many the children would have trained with him over the last 2 years that he has been with us.
Starting off in Little Samurais aged 5 he was always enthusiastic and energetic about his training, showing the same passion for Martial Arts that his father has.
This is a terrible loss of some one with their whole life in front of them, I am deeply saddened and devastated by this tragic news.
My thoughts are with his parents who are still in hospital and I’m sure those who knew him will join with me in offering our deepest condolences.
The cause of death of a seven-year-old boy who died after falling ill in his flood-hit home is still unknown, Surrey Police has said.
Police are investigating whether flooding was a factor in the death of the boy, named locally as Zane Gbangbola. Chief Superintendent Dave Miller said:
We are continuing to work with partner agencies and officers are following various lines of enquiry.
There have been no further casualties reported. This, coupled with expert advice, leads us to believe at this stage that this is an isolated incident localised to one family.
Tributes have been paid to a seven-year-old boy who died after falling ill in his flood-hit home. Police are investigating whether flooding was a factor in the death of the boy, named locally as Zane Gbangbola.
Officers have refused to be drawn on whether carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator pumping out flood water from his home may have been to blame.
Anoop Hothi, 31, taught Zane martial arts at the Sport Martial Arts Academy in Egham, which he joined aged five. Mr Hothi, also a neighbour of Zane's family, said: "Little Zane was an absolute joy to teach, and it's children like him who make teaching so much more rewarding.
"I'm sure his school teachers would say the same thing. He was a lovely boy, and he came from good, caring parents".
The Government's public health agency is assisting police in Surrey with its investigation into the sudden death of a seven-year-old boy in flood-hit Chertsey.
Police said the flooding was "one line of inquiry" they were pursuing in relation to the boy's death.
It is too early to speculate on the cause of death and Public Health England is working with the other agencies to assist this investigation and ensure appropriate action is taken to protect public health.
Currently, there are no indications that there is a wider public health risk.
Police have refused to speculate on suggestions that flooding may have been a factor in the death of a seven-year-old boy in Chertsey, Surrey.
Earlier, police advised anyone local to Thameside, Chertsey, who is feeling unwell and showing signs of diarrhoea and fever to seek medical help.
Chief Superintendent Dave Miller said there was no indication at this stage that the boy's death was linked to flooding, but admitted circumstances remained unclear.
Police cordons and road closures remain in place in the flood-hit town of Chertsey, Surrey where a seven-year-old fell ill before dying in hospital as a result of an unknown illness.
The boy's parents are in a serious condition, which is not believed to be life-threatening, in St. Peter's Hospital in Chertsey.
Poliec said flooding was "one line of inquiry" relating to the boy's death, and refused to be drawn on whether the illness was due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Fifteen people, including two police officers, were taken to hospital as a precaution.
A local man claims to have seen a yellow hose hanging from the ground-floor window of the property where a seven-year-old boy, who has died from a mystery illness, lived.
The boy's parents are said to be in a serious condition, while police have suggested that recent flooding may have been a factor in the emergency.
IT worker David North, 45, who works in Chertsey, said: "I was taking photographs of the flooding in the local area. As I turned up, there was a higher-than-normal police presence.
"Officers were blocking direct access to some of the roads and they were being quite forceful about where you could and couldn't go. I saw a yellow hose coming from the front window on the ground floor. Whether it was pumping out water or something else, I don't know."
Mr North said he believed the incident was discovered while "evacuations were being carried out due to the flooding."
The area where a seven-year-old boy has died and his parents hospitalised with a mystery illness has been affected by flooding.
Police have said the recent weather conditions was "one line of inquiry" they were pursuing relating to the boy's death.
Chief Superintendent Dave Miller urged anyone local to Thameside, Chertsey, who is feeling unwell and showing signs of diarrhoea and fever to seek medical help.
A South East Coast Ambulance spokeswoman said the boy was found to be in a "very serious condition" when crews arrived, but refused to be drawn on the cause of the illness.
Police remain at the location and road closures are in place.
Police have said the cause of the illness which killed a seven-year-old boy and hospitalised two adults, thought to be his parents, is currently unknown and refused to rule out a link to flooding in the local area.
Chief Superintendent Dave Miller said it was "very sad" that the child had died and said his thoughts were with his parents who are currently ill in hospital.
Our aim is to keep people safe and find out the cause.
I would like to reassure local residents our officers are working closely with partner agencies and a full and thorough investigation is currently under way to determine the circumstances around this tragic incident.
We are currently following various lines of inquiry and it would be wrong to speculate on the cause of death at this stage.
The cause of the illness is currently unknown but what I can confirm is that the people who were taken ill are from a very localised area.
We cannot rule out that there may be a link to flooding in the local area and whilst the investigation is ongoing local residents should follow sensible precautions.