Roger Federer has beaten Milos Raonic in the Stuttgart Open final, claiming his 98th singles career title in the process.
The 36-year-old won 6-4 7-6 against his Canadian opponent, having previously seen off Nick Kyrgios in the semis.
It is the first time Federer has won in Stuttgart, and he will return to being world No. 1 as a result.
Federer could have the opportunity to win his 100th title at Wimbledon, if he wins in Halle next week.
The event in Stuttgart was Federer's first in two and a half months, since the Miami Open in March.
"I played very well throughout the tournament, it is a great comeback for me. I am so happy to have won," said Federer.
"I was hoping to play a couple matches here but I have played four and won them all. The last few have been very good.
"I hope I keep it up at Halle and Wimbledon. It will give me a boost as well being back at world number one."
Johanna Konta overcame a rain delay to secure her place in the final of the Nature Valley Open in Nottingham for the second successive year with a 6-2 6-3 victory against Donna Vekic.
In the second match on court, the British number one breezed through the opening set in half-an-hour before, with Vekic having called for the trainer and looking ready to go for further treatment, the players were forced off by rain.
After around an hour delay, Konta, who had been defeated by Vekic in the 2017 final, regained her composure to move 3-1 ahead.
However, the 21-year-old Croatian recovered to break back and level at 3-3.
World number 22 Konta, though, immediately regained the momentum against Vekic's serve before a hold put her within sight of the final, and she then broke again on a first match-chance.
Top-seed Ashleigh Barty awaits in Sunday's final after the Australian beat Naomi Osaka of Japan 6-3 6-4.
Andy Murray will return to competitive tennis after almost a year out at the Queen's Club next week.
The three-time major winner has not played since last year's Wimbledon due to a hip injury and subsequent surgery.
He practised at Queen's on Friday ahead of next week's Fever-Tree Championships, delayed a decision until Saturday and then told tournament officials he would be there.
"Andy Murray has confirmed that he will play in the Fever-Tree Championships," the tournament said on its official Twitter account.
The tennis ace has been recovering over the last year following hip surgery.Read the full story ›
Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from the Fever-Tree Championships at Queen's Club, three days after winning his 11th French Open title.
It is the third consecutive year the world number one has entered the tournament, which begins on Monday, only to pull out before the start.
Nadal said: "Queen's is a great event, I have happy memories of winning the title in 2008 and I wanted to come back this year. But it has been a very long clay-court season for me with great results.
"I would like to say sorry to the tournament organisers and most of all to the fans that were hoping to see me play, but I have spoken to my doctors and I need to listen to what my body is telling me."
Nadal last played at Queen's Club in 2015 and will once again go into Wimbledon without any official grass-court matches. He has struggled at SW19 in recent years, failing to progress beyond the fourth round since his last final appearance in 2011.
Queen's organisers announced the strongest line-up in the tournament's history and will now wait to hear whether Andy Murray will follow Nadal in withdrawing.
The two-time Wimbledon champion is expected to decide in the next couple of days whether to make his comeback from hip surgery in West Kensington.
Djokovic will return to Queen's after an eight-year hiatus as the former world number one begins his grass court season.Read the full story ›
Andy Murray says he "getting closer" to a playing return following hip surgery.
The Scot has not played competitively since last year's Wimbledon, undergoing surgery at the turn of the year in a bid to cure his injury woes.
With Wimbledon fast approaching, Murray says he has returned to training and playing in the grass court season remains his aim.
Speaking in a video on the Guardian's website, he said: "It's been very slow, I've been out getting close to a year now which is a lot longer than I expected at the beginning.
"I'm getting closer to playing again, I've started training a few days ago, hoping to make my comeback during the grass court season."
Serena Williams on postnatal depression, daughter Alexis inspiring her clothing line and making history as the greatest ever tennis playerRead the full story ›
British number one Kyle Edmund stormed into the second round of the French Open with a straight-sets win over Australian youngster Alex De Minaur.
Edmund, looking to build on his stunning run to the Australian Open semi-final in January, simply overpowered his 19-year-old opponent.
He broke serve in the first game of the match, took the opening set in just half an hour and went on to wrap up a fine 6-2 6-4 6-3 victory.
Elsewhere, Rafael Nadal's bid for an 11th French Open title is up and running after a straight-sets - but far from straightforward - win over Simone Bolelli.
The Spaniard - top seed, world number one, reigning champion and red-hot favourite for another Roland Garros crown - had to return on Tuesday morning to finish his first-round clash against the lucky loser from Italy.
Nadal had taken the first two sets in typically ominous style but then trailed 3-0 in the third when the rain came.
Nadal broke straight back on the resumption but Bolelli did not let him have things his own way, threatening another break at 4-3.
Bolelli then forced four set points in a marathon tie-break but the 16-time grand slam winner got over the line 6-4 6-3 7-6 (11/9).
Join us from Paris for exclusive free to air live coverage of the French Open: Roland-Garros 2018 on ITV4Read the full story ›