Live updates

Boy, 14, charged over Australia Anzac day terror plot

A 14-year-old boy has been charged in connection with a terrorism plot in Australia.

Deborah Walsh, deputy head of counter terrorism at the Crown Prosecution Service, said that following an investigation by police in the North West Counter Terrorism Unit, the youth has been charged with two offences of inciting terrorism overseas, under the Terrorism Act.

In a statement, Ms Walsh said: "The first allegation is that, between March 15-26 2015, the defendant incited another person to commit an act of terrorism, namely to carry out an attack at an Anzac parade in Australia with the aim of killing and/or causing serious injury to people."

The defendant will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court tomorrow.

Advertisement

Two men charged with terrorism offences

Two men have been charged with terrorism offences.

Ibrahim Anderson, 38 and Shah Jahan Khan, 62, from Luton have been bailed and are due appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, 21 April.

The offences relate to the possession of information useful to someone wanting to carry out and act of terror and inviting support for an organisation contrary to section 12 of the Terrorism Act 2000.

German carnival called off due to 'threat of Islamist attack'

Braunschweig in northern Germany. Credit: Google Maps

A carnival parade in northern Germany has been cancelled at short notice due to a concrete threat of an Islamist attack, police said today.

The event had been due to take place this afternoon in Braunschweig.

"Reliable state security sources have made it known that a concrete threat of attack with an Islamist background exists," authorities in Braunschweig said in a statement.

Advertisement

Police granted more time to detain terror suspects arrested in Dover

Officers from the Met Police have said that warrants of further detention have been granted for five men arrested following a counter terrorism operation in which a vehicle was stopped going outbound at Dover port on Sunday.

Four addresses in east London and one in south London are being searched as part of the investigation. Some of the searches are still ongoing.

A further two addresses in North Wales are being searched, and these searches are ongoing, police said.

Vehicle stopped leaving Dover under Terrorism Act

Officers from MPS Counter Terrorism Command (SO15), Kent police and the MPS Specialist Firearms Command (SCO19) stopped an outbound vehicle at Dover port at around 11.30pm on Sunday.

A vehicle was stopped leaving Dover under Terrorism Act. Credit: PA

Police said a further 12 men and one woman who were stopped in the same vehicle were arrested on suspicion of immigration offences by Immigration Enforcement officers.

At around 3.45am today two men aged 24 and 40 were arrested in east London, while at 8.30am a man, 28, was arrested, all on suspicion of being concerned in the Commission, Preparation or Instigation of acts of Terrorism contrary to section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000.

Load more updates