A man has been arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences in Birmingham.
The 27 year old was detained on Sunday afternoon after "suspicious items" were found at his home.
Police were searching the property in Naseby Road having already arrested the man on suspicion of going equipped and possession of an offensive weapon.
Homes in the street were temporarily evacuated while experts from the Army, West Midlands Police and the fire service checked the items.
The man was arrested under section 41 of the Terrorism Act concerning the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
A 15-year-old boy pleads guilty to inciting terrorism by encouraging the murder of police officers during a WW1 parade in Australia.Read the full story ›
A 16-year-old girl from Manchester has been charged with two terrorism offences, the North West Counter Terrorism Unit has said.
A 14-year-old boy has been charged in connection with a terrorism plot in Australia.
Deborah Walsh, deputy head of counter terrorism at the Crown Prosecution Service, said that following an investigation by police in the North West Counter Terrorism Unit, the youth has been charged with two offences of inciting terrorism overseas, under the Terrorism Act.
In a statement, Ms Walsh said: "The first allegation is that, between March 15-26 2015, the defendant incited another person to commit an act of terrorism, namely to carry out an attack at an Anzac parade in Australia with the aim of killing and/or causing serious injury to people."
The defendant will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court tomorrow.
British terror suspect pleads guilty in New York to charges of plotting a terrorist training camp in the US with extremist Abu Hamza.Read the full story ›
Two men have been charged with terrorism offences.
Ibrahim Anderson, 38 and Shah Jahan Khan, 62, from Luton have been bailed and are due appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, 21 April.
The offences relate to the possession of information useful to someone wanting to carry out and act of terror and inviting support for an organisation contrary to section 12 of the Terrorism Act 2000.
A carnival parade in northern Germany has been cancelled at short notice due to a concrete threat of an Islamist attack, police said today.
The event had been due to take place this afternoon in Braunschweig.
"Reliable state security sources have made it known that a concrete threat of attack with an Islamist background exists," authorities in Braunschweig said in a statement.
The US Department of Justice has said it has charged six people with "terrorist-related crimes," for allegedly supporting groups such as Al Qaeda, Nusra Front and Islamic State in Syria and Iraq.
The six are Bosnian natives living in Missouri, Illinois and New York. Five of them were arrested in the United States and charged with conspiring to provide material support and resources to terrorists. The sixth person is overseas, the department said in a statement.
Police in France question eight-year-old boy after he allegedly made comments in school in praise of terrorists, according to media reports.Read the full story ›
Officers from the Met Police have said that warrants of further detention have been granted for five men arrested following a counter terrorism operation in which a vehicle was stopped going outbound at Dover port on Sunday.
Four addresses in east London and one in south London are being searched as part of the investigation. Some of the searches are still ongoing.
A further two addresses in North Wales are being searched, and these searches are ongoing, police said.